Drink Package(s) Royal Princess

Hi; This is our first time going on a cruise. I am confused about the drink packages.

One package is for non-alcoholic drinks including pop, coffee/tea, orange juice, virgin cocktails, etc. I forget the price of this unlimited package but it's per person per day. My question is, are drinks included with your meal? For instance, can I get a tea with my breakfast or do I have to pay for it? Do drinks only cost if they are not at meal time? Is there an advantage to getting this drink package? I am surprised by this package because I would have thought non-alcoholic beverages would be complimentary. I have concerns that every time my teenage son wants to get something to drink that we will be charged for it.

Do we get a complimentary glass of wine or alcoholic drink with lunch or dinner?

Thank you.

Milk and juice are no charge at breakfast.

Coffee, hot tea and iced tea are no charge at all meals. Also throughout the day at the self-serve beverage stations in the buffet.

But that's about all that is complimentary.

Sodas, premium coffee drinks (lattes/frappes, cappuccino/espresso), non-alcoholic cocktails, milk shakes, and bottled water/sports drinks all carry a charge, whether ordered in the dining room or one of the bars.

The Princess Soda and More plan covers fountain sodas (not canned), non-alcoholic cocktails, juices/mixers from the bars, and milkshakes on those ships that offer them (not all Princess ships do). It does not cover the premium coffees or bottled waters & sports drinks. Which is why it only costs $7/day (plus 15% gratuity) rather than the $20+/day on lines that include the other items.

As suggested above you should visit the Princess Cruises board where drink packages are discussed in even more detail daily.