Day Pass in Nassau....so many to choose from!

Sophie's Mom1

We will be docked in Nassau in February from 10.30 am until midnight. I have read pros and cons about several beach resort day passes so am now even more unsure on which to choose. It looks as though the British Colonial Hilton is quite popular, mainly due to its proximity to the ship. However, Breezes sounds nice as does Melia, Riu Palace and Warwick. I realize that most day passes end at 6 and we have plenty of time to get back to the ship area to look at shops and then go in for a late dinner.

Since there are 4 ships in port that day, I feel the need to secure our passes well ahead of time. If anyone has any suggestions or advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

We are going to bch bc it's close by and quiet and we have a 3yr old. If it was just adults, I'd probably go to melia or breezes but I didn't want to stress about driving without a car seat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just got back from a cruise on NCL, had the best day ever at RIU (we've been to the Hilton, Melia and Atlantis twice). Our kids saw the Hilton from the ship when we got back, and were like "who would want to even go there!" (Tiny harbor beach).

The resort was very nice, the breakfast and lunch buffet very good (and hot), the beach was gorgeous! It was a calm day, so you could walk right in, crystal clear, warm, with large black and white fish swimming by. Guy set up chairs and umbrellas, and our 19 and 20 year olds really enjoyed the open bar by the pool. We really hated to leave!

I would just be aware that if a cold front is coming through it might be windy and cold. So you might want to decide closer to your trip if you want to book. February can be beautiful...or not. :)

Another thing to remember is that it gets dark pretty early in February, so pools will probably close at 4:30 or 5.

We've used Island Marketing a few times to book day passes: https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/nassau-excursions/ You have to pay small deposit and pay the rest when you get to the hotel. You only lose the deposit if the weather turns out bad and you cancel.

We will be there on Christmas Day. We wanted an all you can eat and drink, I had narrowed it down to RIU and Breezes. It will be 4 of us, my husband and I, and our two kids, 14 and 19. We were told that RIU will be doing a re-do and opening as all adults in November, so we couldn't do that with a 14 year old, so Breezes it is.

I just received an email from Island Marketing regarding the Nassau Riu Palace Beach Resort AI Day Pass. It says that "Riu is not currently available to your requested date at this time". Our date is in Feb. 2018 so not sure if this is too far out for them to book? However, they then go on to say that spaces are still available for BCH day pass so that is what I went with. The convenience is a big plus since we won't arrive there until noon and our time there will be short. As CruisinCrow pointed out, it will be dark fairly early...a good point. Also, the deposit is minimal and not a big deal if we have to cancel.

Thanks all for your great replies.

I just received an email from Island Marketing regarding the Nassau Riu Palace Beach Resort AI Day Pass. It says that "Riu is not currently available to your requested date at this time". Our date is in Feb. 2018 so not sure if this is too far out for them to book? However' date=' they then go on to say that spaces are still available for BCH day pass so that is what I went with. The convenience is a big plus since we won't arrive there until noon and our time there will be short. As CruisinCrow pointed out, it will be dark fairly early...a good point. Also, the deposit is minimal and not a big deal if we have to cancel.

Thanks all for your great replies.[/quote']

The riu will be closed due to renovations till oct, thats why island mk cant do the request