New to MSC

jenniferop

Hello all,

DH and I have floated around on several cruise lines and had originally booked with Celebrity for a Med. Cruise next year but we just switched to MSC Fantasia for next September.

The deal/price for Yacht Club (we've never booked a Suite before) seemed to good to pass up - saving $1k per person from what we had on Celebrity (no suite).

Does someone have advice on how the drinks work? We know we get alcoholic beverages while in yacht club and from our mini-bar...what about while out and about on the ship? Should we buy a package or the vouchers for a certain number of drinks like I have read about.

Anything we should know about MSC in particular? We love cruising and are so happy to be going to Europe with our DS and my DM in the cabin next to us. My mother has wanted to go to Rome her entire life.

You will not need to purchase a drinks package for the rest of the ship. Since April 1st last, YC guests can enjoy drinks shipwide at no extra cost.

The Yacht Club experience is terrific - you'll be blown away at just how good it is! For the price, I doubt very much you'll ever get anything close - ever!

Have you applied for status-match yet? MSC will match your highest level from loyalty schemes with other cruiselines (and/or hotels) to their loyalty programme MSC Voyagers Club.

You will not need to purchase a drinks package for the rest of the ship. Since April 1st last, YC guests can enjoy drinks shipwide at no extra cost.

The Yacht Club experience is terrific - you'll be blown away at just how good it is! For the price, I doubt very much you'll ever get anything close - ever!

Have you applied for status-match yet? MSC will match your highest level from loyalty schemes with other cruiselines (and/or hotels) to their loyalty programme MSC Voyagers Club.

Yes we are very excited to be trying the SuiteLife, thank you...my TA told me about the status match - because we use different lines the highest I had was Gold from Carnival but DH travels for work and has Platinum Elite from Marriott and Espire from IHG so I used his Platinum for Marriott - waiting for the email back about which level we got matched to...not entirely sure what we will get for those matched statuses - but if they want to give them to us we will take them...