just wondering...

We are going on the EXPLORER in June with my parents. We have room (forgot the exact numbers) 8264 and my parents have room 8266...there is a room in beween us. I was just wondering if/how/when we could get switch rooms with the people in between us.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Barbara

Who booked this cruise for you? If a TA, s/he should have supplied you with deck plans. If you did it yourself online with RC, you can access the deck plans at their website. Here is the page with your cabins visible:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=08&shipCode=EX&shipProfile=1081&sailDate=1051127&hasNavigation=false

If you want to switch rooms, you need to ask your TA now. If you wait the switch won't happen. If the room is available, your TA can easily switch you. If someone has already taken it, it is unlikely that RCI will ask them to move.

Don't ask them to move once you get on the ship as that would be rude.

Unless the cabins are connecting, it won't really make much difference if there is a room between you. It is only a very few steps between the cabins when you are in the hallway. You would still have very easy access to each other's cabins. Hope you you are able to switch, anyway.

We have room (forgot the exact numbers) 8264 and my parents have room 8266...there is a room in beween us. I was just wondering if/how/when we could get switch rooms with the people in between us.

Back with the CORRECT numbers (oops!) 6356 and 6360

Okay there is a cabin between 6356 and 6360. The advantage to having the two cabins next to each other is you can open the divider between the two balconies. However, I don't believe the Explorer has dividers that can be opened (the Navigator and the Mariner do).

Also, 6356 and 6358 (the middle cabin) are cat D1 and 6360 is cat D3. I see two possibilities:

1) Call Royal Caribbean and explain what you want to do. Then see if RCI is willing to contact the person in 6358 to see if they will move to 6356. RCI is not going to give you the contact info for 6358.

2) There are six months until your cruise. Look for two other cabins in the D cat that are next to each other and change your reservation.

Okay there is a cabin between 6356 and 6360. The advantage to having the two cabins next to each other is you can open the divider between the two balconies. However, I don't believe the Explorer has dividers that can be opened (the Navigator and the Mariner do).

Also, 6356 and 6358 (the middle cabin) are cat D1 and 6360 is cat D3. I see two possibilities:

1) Call Royal Caribbean and explain what you want to do. Then see if RCI is willing to contact the person in 6358 to see if they will move to 6356. RCI is not going to give you the contact info for 6358.

2) There are six months until your cruise. Look for two other cabins in the D cat that are next to each other and change your reservation.

Actually, that's no longer a real consideration. The ships' captains have not been allowing the dividers to be opened even on the ships that have dividers that can be opened. The main purpose for opening them is to be able to do cleaning, mainentance, and repair.

As for switching cabins, you could ask your TA to contact RCI and inquire whether the other pax would be willing to switch. However, they are under no obligation to ask and the other pax may have chosen that cabin specifically. Do not ask once you are onboard. Not only is it rude, but you have the issue of Sea Pass and credit accounts that will have already been opened. I would not be willing to take a chance on the paperwork/computer files with that, and a mix-up would be a royal pain in the you-know-what.

beachchick

Actually, that's no longer a real consideration. The ships' captains have not been allowing the dividers to be opened even on the ships that have dividers that can be opened. The main purpose for opening them is to be able to do cleaning, mainentance, and repair.

have the issue of Sea Pass and credit accounts that will have already been opened. I would not be willing to take a chance on the paperwork/computer files with that, and a mix-up would be a royal pain in the you-know-what.

My main and only reason to do this was for the dividers to be opened but if they don't do this anyway...I won't bother.

We booked about 3 weeks ago and there weren't too many cabins left. In fact the week after was booked already!!

Barbara

Archived