Cuba anyone???

I visited Cuba at the end of March. Booked a regular Delta flight and went with my Mom for a 4 night visit. Stayed in a Casa Particular (a person's home who rents out rooms) about a 10 minute taxi ride from Old Havana. We had a wonderful time, and truly loved it. The people were very welcoming, the food was quite good in the residential area we were staying in, and very inexpensive. In the touristy areas we had 3 very expensive meals of which one was wonderful, and 2 were pretty good. The crumbling architecture from the early 1900's is magnificent. There are some great museums there, we spent several hours in the Museum of the Revolucion. We each bought a bottle of Havana Club Rum, and I brought back 11 cigars (I don't know the limit, but I was buying high end cigars so 11 cost me right around $100 USD and that's all I was looking to spend). We really enjoyed the family we stayed with, and liked being in the residential area. We found enough people spoke English to get by without problems. A very good trip.

I hate to see it happen, but I think Trump is about to close that door and tighten regulations again on visiting, with the most likely outcome being effective in 90 days.

I was asking for reliable facts not media speculation. I too have seen the media speculation and don't know that they are so good at mind reading.

Your screen name fits your comment. Until Trump speaks in Miami today and signs his Cuba executive order, it is ALL speculation. The Miami Herald has posted what they say is an advance copy of the order.

I'm really not that curious about Cuba. If it was on an itinerary, I'd go, but I couldn't specifically pick Cuba above other islands. Nothing to do with politics, just doesn't appeal to me, anymore than going to South America, which I'm also not interested in. My friend is dying to see Cuba, so if she invited me to go on a cruise with her- I would to keep her company, and I'm sure Cuba would be interesting.

I hate to break everyone's bubble but Cuba is not nirvana. The food is bland, the water will give you the runs, Jamaica makes better rum, and the Dominicans arguably roll a better cigar. Havana is nice to visit for the architecture, but believe me there are a lot of nicer places in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums