St Petersburg Folk show

We did it when we were there with Princess. Show was very good. Why they indicate that there is a light bite, take that with a grain of salt. There is maybe one swallow per person of cheese and cracker type stuff. Get something to eat in the late afternoon, as getting back on the ship is not a fast process in st. Petersburg .... It took 90 minutes to clear the customs officer! ( that was our only complaint for the day.... Nothing either the cruise or our tour operator could have helped navigate.)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did not go to that particular show. But there were a group of Russian performers who went on board and performed a folk show at the theater on the first night. It may be diferent but it was entertaining for us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been on 3 Princess Baltic cruises, 2010, 2013 and 2016. Each time they had Russian performers on board the first night. They do two shows so if you come back late you have chance to see one.

<<<Karen>>>

I have the same question and wondered if anyone saw the folklore show with Alla tours?? There are different shows in St. Petersburg.

Yes, I saw the folkshow with Alla but it was many years ago (2011) so my info is quite dated. It was held in a lovely old palace and was, unabashedly, a fun, somewhat hokey show designed for tourists.

Thank you all for your answers.

I'm taking a tour with Alla and I believe it's the same show that Princess uses for their excursion. It's at the same place. I'm sure i would enjoy it but it would be over $200 with dinner and tip.

If I could see a similar show on the ship and save the money it's tempting. Then again- dinner in St Petersburg and seeing the city at night is worth something, too.

I'm torn.