What to do in Orlando afternoon before Cruise

g8way2go

I will arrive MCO at noon (early December) the day before cruise, staying at an airport hotel. Any suggestions on what to do that afternoon/evening? If I check into hotel and go back to the airport - is there something you would suggest to see in Orlando using public transit?

There's thousands of things to do in Orlando. Just depends on what your interests are and your budget. Assuming you don't want to do a theme park?

We have been to cirque du soleil at Disney and Blue Man Group at Universal. Both were great. And you don't have to pay to get into the parks to go to either.

If it were me I'd go to the Blue Man show and walk around Universal CityWalk for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by SCAnthony

I would recommend Downtown Disney or Universal City Walk. Keep in mind, if you are staying by the airport, anything associated with the Disney or Universal properties could result in an expensive cab/Uber/Lyft ride there and back. You may want to rent a car at the airport, and reserve it so you can drop it off at Port Canaveral. National has a rental center on the Port Canaveral property - you drop off the car and it is a quick free shuttle ride right to your ship. We did that last year, but we stayed in hotel by the port. Landed at MCO, rented a car, drove to Cocoa Beach, had a nice dinner and stayed at the (then) brand new Homewood Suites. Next morning, drove to the port, dropped the family and bags by the ship (Royal Caribbean - Freedom of the Seas) and I drove over and dropped off the car. Took less than 15 minutes to drop off the car and return.

See the real Orlando. Come downtown and see Lake Eola (ride the swan boats and see the swans), check out the terrific productions at Mad Cow Theatre, visit Leu Gardens, see the Orlando Science Center, the Orlando Museum of Art or the Mennello Museum of American Art (all in Loch Haven Park). Or try Winter Park, with its Scenic Boat Tour, shopping and dining along Park Avenue, and two more wonderful museums, the Cornell Fine Art Museum at Rollins College or the Morse Museum of American Art (and its fabulous Tiffany collection) on Park Avenue. Orlando is way more than theme parks. I wish more travelers could see it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums