Elation and jacksonville terminal

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

We have gone out of Jacksonville a handful of times, now they have that staggered check in thing and I booked up the cruise 9 months ago, until now,we were unable to choose our staggered check in, my question, there are no morning times available such as 11-12 or 12-1p, did Jacksonville take away the morning am staggered check in? I only have choices from 1pm onward, does this mean that the 1pm is the earliest time available or that the early am are no longer available? We used to arrive at 10:30am and on the ship at times around 11:15-11:30.

We sailed 5/6/17. We had FTTF and got there around 11:45. There were plenty of people checking in at that time that were not FTTF. The port actually opened at 10:30 and I was told when I called the port that check in starts at 11:00 for those without the FTTF.

Hope that helps.

Yes thank you but I also realized that I am platinum ugh where is my head, but I still may have to cancel and reschedule it for another time at least I know now thanks.

If you are platinum you can check in any time. Just remember check in times are not boarding times. If you check in and they are not ready to start boarding, the wait will be short. Just remember the ship just came back and they have to get everyone off the ship before boarding begins.

Happy sailing!

They still have the staggered early boarding but it's first come first serve. They only allow a certain number of people to select each time slot. So I'm guessing all the early slots are taken for that particular cruise. As Platinum you should have no issues though.

They still have the staggered early boarding but it's first come first serve. They only allow a certain number of people to select each time slot. So I'm guessing all the early slots are taken for that particular cruise. As Platinum you should have no issues though.

Our sailing just literally opened up staggered sign in today and 1 pm is the first. I highly doubt all the early slots got filled that fast. When I sailed PC in April, the times were available for quite a while before I saw them and I still got earliest slot. (I am platinum so doesn't really matter to me)

Our sailing just literally opened up staggered sign in today and 1 pm is the first. I highly doubt all the early slots got filled that fast. When I sailed PC in April, the times were available for quite a while before I saw them and I still got earliest slot. (I am platinum so doesn't really matter to me)

It could be a new change. For my upcoming sailing out of Jacksonville I was able to select 11:30.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just sailed from Jacksonville. They allow people to start coming into port after 10 AM. Boarding usually starts later but you can enter the port. Carnival sent out an email that said boarding would begin at 12:30. I actually think they started earlier than that. The port itself is more of a mess than I had experienced there in the past. Our shuttle driver told us they stopped going by the staggered check in times and that was causing a lot of issues. We never had our arrival time checked once upon arrival. We were just told to go in. Both embarkation and debarkation was a traffic nightmare. Going in traffic was at a dead stop for almost an hour. A port employee told us they were having to shut down the port for awhile because they were at capacity inside. So all the cars were just stuck in line. Jacksonville police has been getting involved when that happens and telling people to leave and come back around 2:30 we were told.

We sailed onElation June 22-26.

Embarkationon June 22. We arrived at JAXPORT at approximately 10:30 per instructions. Veryfew cars in line to enter parking lot. Very short line at security screening,then waited less than 15 minutes to check-in. Once checked in were directed towaiting zone 2 (non FTTF/Platinum/Diamond who are zone 1). Our assignedcheck-in time was 11-11:30. Told by carnival representative boarding wouldbegin approx. 11:30. Boarding did not begin until nearly 12:30. First on board were three wedding parties,followed by zone 1. We finally boarded at 12:45.

Disembarkation June 26. We decided to doself-assist and carry our luggage off the ship. According to the printedschedule disembarkation started about 8 and our deck would be called about 9:30.Our deck (Empress - Deck 7) was finally called at 10. Customs took 20 minutes.We departed JAXPORT just after 10:30. Aswe left there was a very long line of cars waiting to get in unlike our cruisefour days earlier. Based on the lack ofluggage in the hall the night before approximately 75% of the ship was doingself-assist.