Willdra's Vivacious Carnival Vista May 14-20 Cruise

willdra

Can't wait to read the rest, and yes, I will say a prayer also that I have never had to do my hair in an airport bathroom, KNOCK WOOD! :eek:

LOL!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Following! Very cool that you took in a game before the cruise. We would love to do that sometime!!!

Thank you redstapler7!! Yes, it helped pass the time, and it's fun when it works out!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Awesome start! Definitely following this one....between it being a Vista review AND a review of the same itinerary we are doing in November on the Vista AND flat-out entertaining to boot, can't go wrong for sure!

THANK YOU!

LOL!!! [emoji23] Thank you MistyRo76!! [emoji847]

Those pizzas look so good!

Love your reviews. You and your hubby are such a cute couple!

Thank you so much!!! [emoji16][emoji16] Yes, we were very pleased with the pizzas [emoji487]! [emoji39]

Embarkation Day

Part 1

Put your pinky rings up to the moon! Say it with your chest! It's finally Cruise day!!!!

I set my alarm for 7, and to nobody's surprise, I got up at 7:30. This is my vacation right? I looked outside, and it was dark and stormy. Booooooo!!! The forecast on the Weather Channel App called for thunderstorms throughout the day in Miami. I don't usually worry because it's FL and the showers come and go fairly quickly. Then I looked at the radar on the App and I could tell that there was going to be a nice break between the rain, and if we timed it correctly, we could stay dry. Hopefully.

I dressed quickly and hit the treadmill in the hotel gym. After my run I went to the breakfast area to make a plate to take upstairs. When I got back up there, W was up and dressed so I didn't have to shake him and wake him. For a change. I dropped off my plate and went back to get coffee. I got lost, yep lost, when the elevator stopped on 2 and the rear door opened. Fail Whale!! Thank goodness a housekeeper was right there to tell me I was only on 2 and not 1, cuz real talk, I panicked a little. Hey don't judge me, life on vacay is hard!

When I got back upstairs I passed by a mirror and saw a cloud of dust where my reflection should have been. I'm sure that I smelled like unfulfilled potential and bad karma, so I jumped in the shower. Since today was Mother's Day, W brought gifts for me. I did tell you I was spoiled right? That's another one of the reasons why he's Bae! As always I loved everything and I couldn't wait to show off my new blingage!

https://flic.kr/p/UNcuzM]34653353135_cd9b03e412.jpg[/url]

I ate my breakfast and very soon we were dropping off the rental car and boarding the complimentary shuttle to the port. The rain was gone for now, but would be returning soon, so we needed to keep it moving. One of my favorite things about Miami Airport is that it's open and you can really see the planes coming and going. Yep, that was random. Fight me.

https://flic.kr/p/UdvQX3]34272172800_8a763f650e.jpg[/url]

https://flic.kr/p/UWmwEd]34745648096_d54fe24600.jpg[/url]

We were first on the shuttle, so we had to wait maybe 15-20 minutes for more people to come thru. The shuttle is free, so no complaints. Well, maybe some little mental ones, but those don’t count. Once the driver had more passengers loaded we were off. The Port of Miami is usually very busy and today was no exception. It was crazy dinnamug! (Dinnamug=to the max for my mature readers). We dropped off our luggage and went to the Priority Boarding Section. This whole area was teeming with people because they were too early to check in so they had to wait somewhere. Wonderful!

W and I waiting on the shuttle

https://flic.kr/p/UyfxMJ]34495518312_c09a8dfdd8.jpg[/url]

We maneuvered our way thru there and made it up to the Passport Check. This is where it was OMG! There was no order nor rhyme or reason. People were just standing EVERYWHERE! Crowds of people with large families were checking in at the same podium at the same time. It just looked like a bunch of resting regret face, wishful thinking, and bad decisions! We didn't sign up for that disaster, and luckily a very nice Carnival Rep pulled us to the front. She directed us to another Rep who validated our passports and paperwork, gave us the green light, and sent us over to security. I really didn't have time to put everything back in my bag properly, cuz W was leaving me, so I just threw it in and got in line. A mess!! Every man for himself, and God for us all! This is war! Not really, it's vacation, but it was intense!

Over in the security line, we were behind a guy who had to remove a ton of metal, a backpack, a honey badger, and a bunch of other stuff from his person. He low key looked like his wife tricked him by telling him they were going camping, then "surprise, my bad, I meant cruising!" You already know W was not here for all of that, so we went around him, grabbed bins, and met each other on the other side. Hello from the other side!

This was the first time that W's carryon bag was not taken to the counter for a thorough search. They did send it thru the scanner twice tho. #Shady! When we got upstairs they looked at our boarding passes and said "You can board now". Oh ok. No Captains Lounge? No waiting? No cookies and lemonade? No nada?? Alrighty then! There wasn't a line to board, so we sailed thru there too. Took the quick Embarkation Photo and 5-6 minutes later we were onboard, and we were still dry! #Winning!

They scanned our Boarding Passes with a handheld scanner at the door. Super. From the time we got off of the shuttle to walking on the Vista took about 15 minutes. Seemed longer didn't it? Inside we maneuvered around the people standing everywhere and went to check out our cabin. Our Sail and Sign Cards were in a sealed envelope in our mailbox when we got there. The cabin was clean and neat and had a "I'm still showroom new" feeling to it. It was very nice! I asked W not to mess up the cabin before I could take pictures and he obliged. This was really hard for him, so he went out on the balcony and chilled while I did my thing. Our Room Steward, Gusti, stopped by to say "hi" and introduce himself.