Dinner Reservations Question, Norwegian Spirit, November 2017

terry&mike

I am sailing the Spirit in November on a Med Cruise itinerary with 5 other friends, none of whom have cruised before, so they are looking to me as the "leader" of the group. We each have the 4 night dinner package, and would like to have reservations together in the Specialty Restaurants for these 4 meals. I have the reservations tied together via "Traveling With ID" for dining.

My questions are these:

Should I be able to make reservations online 90 days before our sailing date for the specialty restaurants?

I will be sailing on a Baltic cruise when the 90 day window hits, so I'd rather leave this task in someone else's hands in our group to make the reservations - how difficult is it for a cruise newbie to figure out how to make 4 reservations for 3 cabins (6 people) together?

If I need to handle this myself, do you think there would still be some availability when I return from my Baltic sailing which will be about 10 days after the reservations open up?

Don't really want to spend time from my busy Baltic cruise trying to make dinner reservations on a slow internet connection on another cruise line, but also know the group is looking to me to have a good experience on the Med cruise. Any thoughts, tips, etc are appreciated.

Yes, reservations will be available 90 days out (unless you are in a suite in which case it is 100).

There is no need to have reservations linked in order to make the bookings.

All you (or whoever does it) needs to do is log into myncl and book a reservation for 6 people. The system doesn't care who the other 5 people are.

Just be aware that reservations aren't usually available prior to the cruise for Teppenyaki on the Spirit, so you probably won't be able to do that.

The guide linked in my signature may help.

Yes, reservations will be available 90 days out (unless you are in a suite in which case it is 100).

There is no need to have reservations linked in order to make the bookings.

All you (or whoever does it) needs to do is log into myncl and book a reservation for 6 people. The system doesn't care who the other 5 people are.

Just be aware that reservations aren't usually available prior to the cruise for Teppenyaki on the Spirit, so you probably won't be able to do that.

The guide linked in my signature may help.

KeithJenner thank you so much! Your link provided very detailed information in a straightforward manner. I love CruiseCritic and the folks who take the time to help someone else out. I think I should be able to leave this in the hands of one of my traveling companions.

You are appreciated!