Important questions to help us enjoy our family cruise.

Augustus1#

One more thing, I take a print of a spreadsheet showing all the days with ports, key places to visit, trips, which restaurants I've booked etc. When I get onboard I write on the formal nights. I know this sounds OTT but it's a great at a glance overview that I pin to the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Large Sports direct carrier/ ikea bag etc great for putting your dirty washing in and using to from free laundrette's on every deck...Try to use them early and plan to go back when your washing or drying is done - about 1 hr later to free up move washing from machine to machine...as above take your own all in one pods for machines.

Have used night nursery onboard with my boy who was 9 months intend using it next year when hes 3... the staff were excellent - drop off from 6ish pick up after you've seen the shows ( they give you a pager for any problems) Make sure you sign u when you get onboard for the kids club during the first day or next morning to use them.

Ask for you kids food as soon as you sit down for breakfast if using MDR and ask them to bring it immediately, gives you a chance to feed them before your breakfast arrives..if you wish to do i that way. All dining rooms and buffet have high chairs if needed. Afternoon tea for kids is great in buffet - see horizon for times. The waiters/staff generally love the kids and make a fuss of them. If using their cot they don't provide a mattress for it - think about taking a cheap one - its the fold out rectangular type P&O use - to put under the bedding.

Our top items include magnets so that you can 'pin' copies of Horizon onto the cabin wall (makes them easy to find and read!), big crocodile clips for securing beach towels onto sun loungers (may not be needed in November depending on your itinerary), a four way power bar so that we can charge iPhones/kindle etc without constantly swapping adaptors and a bluetooth speaker so that we can have in-cabin tunes whilst dressing for the evening (oh and a bottle of Jameson whiskey for our ritual sail away drink) :D clear.png?emoji-whiskey-glass-2133

Some cruise lines ban power bars with surge protectors.

Haha thank you. Remy Martin is our chosen treat for us. They are helpful tips. Thank you. I love music and wouldn't have thought about a speaker. Our itinerary is Lisbon, Valencia, Cartagena, Gibraltar, Cadiz. I was hoping it would be warmer than the uk but not too hot for our daughter. Will we need sun cream?

Definitely need sun cream.

Gibraltar is like an English town with M&S etc and real duty free prices.

If you are going to use a speaker please be considerate to your neighbours. Bass sounds can be heard through the cabin walls very easily. Thump thump thump as we found to out on a cruise last year! :rolleyes:

I agree because security could be called if music is to loud.

I always take a pack of anti-bacterial wipes and wipe down the cabin when we get there. Clean things that probably never get cleaned between passengers such as door handles, TV remote and taps. I actually wipe down all the surfaces - I say I do, but I usually give the wipes to DH while I unpack. He's only be relaxing on the balcony otherwise!

Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great idea and we use them twice a day after cabin steward has been in because remember they clean everyones toilets in the cabins they service and it is so easy to catch noro virus this way as we know.

Remember that you can take as much as you like on the cruise. If in doubt,ie suncream or medicines, just take them anyway. Remember too that there are very few things that you can't get, either on the ship or in a port of call.

If you do get any problems, large or small, don't be shy to go to reception, they are there to help you and are happy to be able to do so.

We always take simple soap that we use at home because when we haven't we have had allergic reactions to their soap and shower gels.

Thank you so much everybody for replying. I have gathered a lot of tips from your responses.

We have been getting are daughter to take showers so hopefully she won't mind so much by November. I had been thinking air freshener for cabin so the essential oils is great advice.

I had a look online last night and noticed a Ventura bear so that will be the cuddly toy ticked off.

I am starting to feel more excited now. I really hope my husband loves cruising.

If you get a good cabin steward they will make animals out of some towels for when you come back to your cabin after dinner.