Christmas on NCL

hdowney

Hey, so I searched the forum, but didn't find much in the way of information so I am asking you lovely people.

I'm curious to know what it is like to sail Christmas and New Year on NCL? I have booked the 11n E. Caribbean from NY on the Breakaway 12/22/18 - 02/01/19 :) I am OBSESSED with all things Christmas and am so looking forward to sailing over Christmas and New Year. I am looking forward to any info you can give me, any pictures or links to reviews you can share with me to whet my appetite.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, so I searched the forum, but didn't find much in the way of information so I am asking you lovely people.

I'm curious to know what it is like to sail Christmas and New Year on NCL? I have booked the 11n E. Caribbean from NY on the Breakaway 12/22/18 - 02/01/19 :) I am OBSESSED with all things Christmas and am so looking forward to sailing over Christmas and New Year. I am looking forward to any info you can give me, any pictures or links to reviews you can share with me to whet my appetite.

Thanks in advance.

I have done 2 Christmas's on The Getaway. The ship was beautiful decorated everywhere. Outside of one the restaurants was a very large Gingerbread Village display. I got to watch it being assembled this past Christmas. Many hours of work went into making all the pieces and getting it assembled. On Christmas Eve there was caroling lead by the Senior Hotel Management Staff. On Christmas Morning Santa (one of the firefighters) arrived with gifts for all the children. The main Dining Rooms served a traditional dinner (more food than I could eat). Lots of fun. Will go back at some point and do it again.

Enjoy

I did a Christmas cruise on the Epic last year. Some areas were nicely decorated, but overall I was under-whelmed. There were two gingerbread Village displays that were probably lovely the first week, but by Christmas sailing they were looking a bit ghetto. There were also lots and lots of the dollar store cut-outs taped around the ship. Cheesy. There was caroling on Christmas Eve and they showed lots of Christmas movies on the big screen that was nice. Maybe it was just an Epic thing, but I wasn't impressed.

I have done 2 Christmas's on The Getaway. The ship was beautiful decorated everywhere. Outside of one the restaurants was a very large Gingerbread Village display. I got to watch it being assembled this past Christmas. Many hours of work went into making all the pieces and getting it assembled. On Christmas Eve there was caroling lead by the Senior Hotel Management Staff. On Christmas Morning Santa (one of the firefighters) arrived with gifts for all the children. The main Dining Rooms served a traditional dinner (more food than I could eat). Lots of fun. Will go back at some point and do it again.

Enjoy

Oh my this sounds amazing and right up my street. My only hope with the 'traditional dinner' is that there is more choice than just Turkey and Ham, as my mother absolutely hates turkey! and her one request was that she didn't have to eat turkey on Christmas!!!

We have done two Christmas's on Norwegian Spirit (Mediterranean and Canary Islands) and going again this year. The Atrium/Reception area is decorated and a gingerbread (not real) village is set up, we had Carols at midnight on Christmas Eve and there was Father Christmas early on Christmas morning for the children . We didn't eat in the MDR Xmas day so can't comment on the menu, New Year's Eve buzzed with so much going on onboard

Oh my this sounds amazing and right up my street. My only hope with the 'traditional dinner' is that there is more choice than just Turkey and Ham, as my mother absolutely hates turkey! and her one request was that she didn't have to eat turkey on Christmas!!!

The Christmas Dinner was in addition to what was already offered on the menu.

With The Getaway one side of the menu changes on a weekly basis and on the other side it changes on a daily basis in the Main Dining Rooms. Lots and lots of choices- no way to go hungry.

The Christmas Dinner was in addition to what was already offered on the menu.

With The Getaway one side of the menu changes on a weekly basis and on the other side it changes on a daily basis in the Main Dining Rooms. Lots and lots of choices- no way to go hungry.

Sounds perfect. I am so beyond looking forward to it. It's a year and a half out but I am still researching EVERYTHING! I wish it could be this year!

We were on the Breakaway last Christmas, and it was amazing. The decorations were beautiful, and the touches throughout the ship were so warm & homey - wreaths, garlands, gingerbread houses...could not have been nicer. We are an interfaith family, and we appreciated the nods to Hanukkah as well. All of the staff had necklaces, lapel decorations - very festive. The special menus were wonderful, and not limited to Christmas day - Christmas eve had nog and snacks. There were numerous Santa sightings, and a special Haven Santa visit (we slipped him a gift our son wanted, and he was happy to deliver on Christmas eve). The sing-alongs with staff had a mixture of traditional and new, there were movies, and a fantastic show with Carla Stickler. The staff, who surely were missing home, were beyond gracious and our neighbors and our family made sure they had extra in their stockings which my son personalized for all of our staff to show our appreciation for making our holiday so special.

It was the first holiday we had with our entire family - three generations, and the memories still make me incredibly happy. Enjoy yourself - it's only 7 months to go!

Warm Regards, Amy

We were on the Breakaway last Christmas, and it was amazing. The decorations were beautiful, and the touches throughout the ship were so warm & homey - wreaths, garlands, gingerbread houses...could not have been nicer. We are an interfaith family, and we appreciated the nods to Hanukkah as well. All of the staff had necklaces, lapel decorations - very festive. The special menus were wonderful, and not limited to Christmas day - Christmas eve had nog and snacks. There were numerous Santa sightings, and a special Haven Santa visit (we slipped him a gift our son wanted, and he was happy to deliver on Christmas eve). The sing-alongs with staff had a mixture of traditional and new, there were movies, and a fantastic show with Carla Stickler. The staff, who surely were missing home, were beyond gracious and our neighbors and our family made sure they had extra in their stockings which my son personalized for all of our staff to show our appreciation for making our holiday so special.

It was the first holiday we had with our entire family - three generations, and the memories still make me incredibly happy. Enjoy yourself - it's only 7 months to go!

Warm Regards, Amy

That sounds AMAZING. I am so glad you had a wonderful time, and Santa could deliver the gift your son wanted. I cannot wait to see all the children and their eyes light up.

I wish it was 7mths. It's a year and 7mths, but I know it will fly. Have this years cruise around the Greek Isles to look forward to first, but the Breakaway is the true splurge cruise.

I will go to sleep tonight with the images you have presented me in my head :)