Food on Caye Caulker

Pugster4

What kind of food is served in Belize and what are some good options if I do an excursion through Coral Breeze out there for some snorkeling? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We ate (snacked) at four different places on Caye Caulker when we did the Island getaway with CoralBreeze. We had grilled conch skewers from a beach/street vendor - AMAZING, Ceviche at one of the bars on the beach (I could find the name if necessary) - AWESOME, and I know we had some sort of a "patty/empanada" type of thing from a kiosk on the street. We also had some random items like spicy pork rinds and chips and guac, if I remember correctly. Everything we had was delicious, but OHHHHH that grilled conch was to die for.

If you are doing the CoralBreeze snorkeling trip, they have you order lunch at one particular restaurant right near the pier (I think this is where we had the chips). You do not have to order there. Lots of places to go within a short walk.

It's all along a main drag heading up to what's called the split. Where the Lazy Lizard is/used to be(?) 1/4 mile maybe 1 klick from the water taxi pier. There's ice cream along there too. Just be sure to be back at the boat when Coral Breeze says it's time to go. And if Mrs. F.'s conch vendor was the guy with an open steel drum grill about 1/2 way up along the beach side, he catches his fish daily, so ask him what's the fresh catch. But honestly, any of theses smaller vendors are good. No need to sit down at a restaurant.

It's all along a main drag heading up to what's called the split. Where the Lazy Lizard is/used to be(?) 1/4 mile maybe 1 klick from the water taxi pier. There's ice cream along there too. Just be sure to be back at the boat when Coral Breeze says it's time to go. And if Mrs. F.'s conch vendor was the guy with an open steel drum grill about 1/2 way up along the beach side, he catches his fish daily, so ask him what's the fresh catch. But honestly, any of theses smaller vendors are good. No need to sit down at a restaurant.

Yes, yes it was! Let me see if I have photo! I know I have some video, but you can't post that format on here. I found the video......KING KABOB BBQ is his name.

Yes, yes it was! Let me see if I have photo! I know I have some video, but you can't post that format on here. I found the video......KING KABOB BBQ is his name.

Thank you! I will have to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums