Food in Roatan

Pugster4

We had a diver using Victor Bodden tour. She recommended several places. We chose one opposite a beach...open air. Can't re bear the name of it. Food~soft shell tacos, chicken, and several is,and specialties which again are lost to my memory. I do remember enjoying every bite. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Get with Rony Tours or Bodden Tours for the private tour. We always use Rony Tours. Want authentic? Celeste's on West Bay Beach is very good. Sundowners in West End Village is a great place on a beach there and have great food. Wife got really good food at La Palapa Restaurant at Infinity Bay Resort (on the beach). She is Honduran and thought it was great. A real local treat is Calelu's Grocery in West End Village. Really surprised me.

One last thing, just ask the driver. They always know where to go.

La Palapa a couple of weeks ago on West Bay Beach (infinity bay resort).

18815326_1830257527294579_7709422114690346828_o.jpg?oh=7f8458f3c07d8bdbd48461f740b52761&oe=599F7D2B

Edited by BrotherCraig

My bro above has excellent recs. Another spot to consider is up toward French Harbor, call Temporary Cal's. It's on the beach at First Bight. And there are some smaller places over in Sandy Bay. It's an island, stick with what ever seafood/fish is fresh.

Not to discredit but to clarify, Cal's is an awesome rec except for two things: 1) Carl's Restaurant is not on a beach, but up on one of the highest points on the island with a gorgeous view for miles and miles toward the south west (depends what turns your crank) and 2) he's closed for about the next month for his annual vacation (in case that's when you're here). If the typical honduran baleada is what you're looking for, your driver will have lots of suggestions for that. If you want some great "island food", one suggestion is the coconut shrimp or whole fish at Beachers on West Bay Beach or there are several "island style" restaurants to the east of the cruise ship ports as well that the drivers will know about if that's the direction you want to go.

You owe it to your Wife to try Beachers' Coconut Shrimp. They have a new location in West End as well. I've only had the ones in West Bay where the beach is awesome. I'm curious if they're the biggest and the best she's ever had, ever.

What kind of food is offered in Roatan and where is a good place to get some authentic food if we hire our driver? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Roatan offers an array of foods. Seafood, for sure. If we want to get local, ask for a soup by the name of "Sopa de Caracol." But there are excellent places for casual and American foods too.

Visit "Salty Mango" for a nice meal. They are the restaurant to Blue Island Divers.

You owe it to your Wife to try Beachers' Coconut Shrimp. They have a new location in West End as well. I've only had the ones in West Bay where the beach is awesome. I'm curious if they're the biggest and the best she's ever had, ever.

I think you're right that I owe her. We won't be going until next year but I will try to maybe do a review and make it a let of it so you would know. Thanks again for the pointers!

Roatan offers an array of foods. Seafood, for sure. If we want to get local, ask for a soup by the name of "Sopa de Caracol." But there are excellent places for casual and American foods too.

Visit "Salty Mango" for a nice meal. They are the restaurant to Blue Island Divers.

Thank you!

Assuming you mean the reef? You can walk down the beach to the west 5 minutes and the reef starts before you are up to your waste in the water. Or swim about 5 minutes out from Beachers. The actual wall is hundreds of feet beyond the reef.

RoatanDrummer, yes, the reef is what I meant. I read a blog where the bloggers called the reef down by Tabyana the wall and so that what I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion! On the map it seems like it was a little ways down from Beachers but it's hard to tell on maps. So just five minutes or so? Thanks!