First Timer With Daughter - Equinox Suggestions?

LightingGuy1115

This weekend we embark for our first family cruise. My wife and I cruised years ago, before having our daughter, and now we look forward to returning with her. She is 12 and excited as can be. We are staying in a Sky Suite and I am bit nervous about my pick eater in Luminae. Are there lots of options for someone that may get scared away with "fancier" items, as she calls them? ;)

Also, any "must dos" with her on the ship? Looking for great family suggestions! Thanks all!

Following... we will be on the Equinox August 6 with 9 and 11 year olds. I know the MDR has a kids' menu, and you may be able to access that from Luminae. We have one picky eater that will either have to expand her horizons, or eat a lot of burgers from the grill, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Luminae, the staff will try very hard to give your daughter a wonderful cruise experience. Let them know what she likes and they will take care of her. Maybe this will be a good time to challenge her tastes a little to try something different, too. If she doesn't want it, that's okay, at least she tried.

Celebrity has a great kids program but she may be reaching the age where it doesn't interest her. Encourage her to give it a chance and to meet other kids her age on the ship.

I agree that the waiters in Luminae will make an effort to find what she likes and bring it to her. Plus, you can order off the main dining room menu--- this isn't always made clear but it definitely is available. They will bring you the MDR if asked as well as the nightly Luminae menu, plus you can check out the menus in advance outside the restaurants (starting after lunch) if you like to plan ahead. The MDR menu has an Always Available section with standards such as chicken breast, steak, salmon and a few other choices, so your daughter should find something that will make her happy. It's nice to try new things, but some kids are very reluctant (we too had a picky eater)

Service in Luminae is outstanding, they will get you the MDR menu for you to select from if something on the Luminae menu doesn't appeal. The meals in Luminae are prepared to order so they are very willing to customize. Like someone else said discuss this with your wait staff on the first day. I'm sure they will take care of you. It is a great chance to expand your pallet.

We are leaving on the same cruise...this is our first time with Celebrity. I hope your family enjoys it! We are so excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My (adult) daughter and I will also be on this cruise! Also first time on Celebrity for us. Lots of newbies! :)

But I am not worried a bit. Everyone here on this board has been very helpful and welcoming. I am looking forward to a great cruise! :cool:

I have heard that the youth program is very good. They have groups according to the ages and do a lot of activies, games and parties. One party that I seen was a "sleep over" that had a movie.

A couple in the MDR was seated next to us with younger children. I asked them if they used the youth program and said no as their kids probably wouldn't be interested. Seen them two days later and they thanked us for suggesting it as the kids loved it and were anxioux to get back to it.

There is no charge and it keeps them occupied while you have some free time. 😍

PS Dont rely on the deadbolt to keep them out of the cabin. 😱. Have one person stay inside and lock the door with the deadbolt while the other tries to get in with their card. I understand that the people in the same cabin can get in but the cabin attendant can't.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞