Can I buy a European SIM card at Nice International airport?

AnnetteSC

We'll be landing in Nice from NY for an upcoming cruise. We have transfers to the ship with the cruiseline.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a place in the Nice International airport where I could purchase a SIM card for my iPhone.

Since we're going directly to the ship, I'm not sure we'll have the opportunity to buy a SIM card that day otherwise.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

I do not recall any place selling SIMs in the unsecure area that you will pass through after you have your luggage. But we do have a few ideas :). If you have T-Mobile....you are all set since their service works just about everywhere in Europe. If you have Verizon you can temporarily upgrade your coverage (just stop at a Verizon store for info). Otherwise we are not sure about US carriers. But you do have even more options...as long as your iPhone is "unlocked." Try going to Mobal.com where you can read about, and order a SIM that will work all over Europe.

What we do not like about European Sims (or SIMS from Mobal which give you a UK number) is that folks here at home cannot call us without having to pay for an international call. That is why we switched over to T-Mobile (about 2 years ago) so that we would have a phone that worked around the world...all on our US phone number. I should mention that is you have an unlocked phone and are not stuck in some kind of cell contract....you can easily switch US phone carriers and keep your same phone number.

Hank

I do not recall any place selling SIMs in the unsecure area that you will pass through after you have your luggage. But we do have a few ideas :). If you have T-Mobile....you are all set since their service works just about everywhere in Europe. If you have Verizon you can temporarily upgrade your coverage (just stop at a Verizon store for info). Otherwise we are not sure about US carriers. But you do have even more options...as long as your iPhone is "unlocked." Try going to Mobal.com where you can read about, and order a SIM that will work all over Europe.

What we do not like about European Sims (or SIMS from Mobal which give you a UK number) is that folks here at home cannot call us without having to pay for an international call. That is why we switched over to T-Mobile (about 2 years ago) so that we would have a phone that worked around the world...all on our US phone number. I should mention that is you have an unlocked phone and are not stuck in some kind of cell contract....you can easily switch US phone carriers and keep your same phone number.

Hank

Thanks for your help.

I have an unlocked iPhone with Verizon (best working network for my area in the US). Verizon's International plan is expensive for the two weeks we'll be in Europe. If I get a European SIM, I'll be able to communicate with my family back in the US through iMessage and Facetime using only data (or wifi, when available) since they all have Apple devices. in addition, I'll be able to check email and communicate with tour companies for any updates on our excursions.

I'm not sure if I should get the card in France or on our first stop in Italy (next day)....