Appointments for Check-In

I tried searching the forums but didn't find what I was looking for. My apologies if this has already been addressed.

---

We're about to sail on Harmony (6/10), and I'm being prompted to select a boarding appointment time during online check-in. I don't recall this step when we checked in for our last cruise last August, and the form says it's *New.* The only appointment times left are after 2:30pm, and we like to be onboard for lunch. (I need my fix of Sabor's Chips & Guac!!!!)

Has anyone had experience with booking an appointment and then showing up significantly before the appointment? Are they strict about letting you onboard?

We sailed on Allure last year and just showed up at the port when we were ready and were onboard within 45 mins (showed up around 11am). No appointment.

One of the silliest things is the appointments go up until 3:30 for a 4:30 departure. Port Authority rules are pax must be checked in no less than 90 minutes ahead of departure time. Hmmmm..

;)

I don't pay attention to the appointment times. Can you imagine everyone showing up to check in at 3:30?? :o

Continue to show up as you wish...no problems...and enjoy your cruise! :)