Missing Japan 2019 Cruise!

Tartanbuster

We are seriously considering this cruise. Azamara guest services confirmed that there is a revised itinerary with three small changes as previously described in an early post. The departure date has not been changed. The only negative I see in the new itinerary is a departure from Hiroshima at 6pm and not 10pm. Certainly not a game changer.

Last year when we departed Hiroshima, the city Police Band came out to the pier to play a concert for us. I don't think they'd be doing that at 10:00pm, so maybe they'll do it again this time. It was a very special event.

We have not received any notification of a change in the itinerary, which is puzzling because I get notifications about my other current bookings all the time. At least it's too early to have purchased air so there shouldn't be a big kerfluffle if the dates end up being adjusted.

Here is what was sent to me from Azamara:

We have been advised that Quest will be docking at the YAMA****A PIER, which is in Yokohama, Japan on April 27, 2019, due to port congestion. The YAMA****A PIER is approximately 40 minutes from Oi Marine in Tokyo, the original requested pier location.

Edited by maximus217
Incorrect format

A TA website is now showing revised itineraries.

16 nights Singapore to Tokyo (29th March to 14th April) via Vietnam, Hong Kong and Taipei.

13 nights circle-Japan Tokyo to Tokyo (14th to 27th April).

i guess the japan intensive cruise was selling well so they added another

If this is the case, then everyone that has or is thinking about booking a cruise with Azamara, should start worrying that cruises either side of theirs does not sell well, as theirs could be the next to be trashed!

If this is the case, then everyone that has or is thinking about booking a cruise with Azamara, should start worrying that cruises either side of theirs does not sell well, as theirs could be the next to be trashed!

Remember this adjustment is almost two years out. No one has to worry about cancelling airfares etc. I don't think the adjustment was done to an unpopular itinerary. It is just that the Japan cruise was selling so well and all the suites and most balconies are booked. It is likely that many more people are excited about the the chance to book the second cruise.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

Remember this adjustment is almost two years out. No one has to worry about cancelling airfares etc. I don't think the adjustment was done to an unpopular itinerary. It is just that the Japan cruise was selling so well and all the suites and most balconies are booked. It is likely that many more people are excited about the the chance to book the second cruise.

A yes....Just too bad for those who spent time planning, making arrangements and looking forward to their vacation!

......... It is likely that many more people are excited about the the chance to book the second cruise.

Oh thank you! ....this will make me feel a lot better when the my cancellation letter arrives from Azamara :mad:

......and by the way, all those excited people could book the original Japan cruise now if they wanted.......it is still on sale via online TA's

A yes....Just too bad for those who spent time planning, making arrangements and looking forward to their vacation!

I feel badly for you. I'm on the original circle Japan cruise. One of the reasons I booked with Azamara instead of Celebrity is because the Millennium has a history of changing to a charter in Japan and I didn't want to get all excited about the trip and have it canceled.

Azamara still doesn't have my cruise on it's website and I've had no communication about the changes reported here. I'm beginning to think I should have saved a lot of money and booked with Celebrity.

Again, I feel for you.

Cynthia

We are trying to decide between the recently released Azamara 13 night Circle Japan Voyage (4/14/19) and the 14 night Celebrity Millenium Circle Japan cruise (4/13/19). The itineraries are similar, although I prefer Celebrity with two overnights and stops in Jeju and Aomori. I am a big fan of small ship cruising and I have concerns about the condition of the Millenium. I also didn't know about the risk of cancellation for charters on Celebrity. The price difference is substantial, even when factoring in the all-inclusive nature of Azamara. Thoughts?

We are trying to decide between the recently released Azamara 13 night Circle Japan Voyage (4/14/19) and the 14 night Celebrity Millenium Circle Japan cruise (4/13/19). The itineraries are similar, although I prefer Celebrity with two overnights and stops in Jeju and Aomori. I am a big fan of small ship cruising and I have concerns about the condition of the Millenium. I also didn't know about the risk of cancellation for charters on Celebrity. The price difference is substantial, even when factoring in the all-inclusive nature of Azamara. Thoughts?

Full disclosure...I'm biased ;) but I say "Azamara Club Cruises!"

We will make sure you have a wonderful experience!

" recently released Azamara 13 night Circle Japan Voyage (4/14/19)".......can you tell me where this is released as I am not able to see it on the UK Azamara website or on a couple of online sites I've looked at.....

As we have not heard anything from anyone regarding our Azamara 13th April 2019 cruise from Hong Kong to Tokyo (ie has it been cancelled?)... it seems strange to hear people talking about a replacement cruise in the same time slot as this one!

Full disclosure...I'm biased ;) but I say "Azamara Club Cruises!"

We will make sure you have a wonderful experience!

We were hoping to ....."have a wonderful experience"..... on the Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise 13th April 2019, but it is beginning to look like this is not going to be the case.....can you shed any light on this?

We were hoping to ....."have a wonderful experience"..... on the Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise 13th April 2019, but it is beginning to look like this is not going to be the case.....can you shed any light on this?

I am so sorry that it seems that your 14 night 13-4-19 cruise has been changed, but not cancelled. The 90-day ticker site now shows a 15 night cruise on 29-3-19 from Singapore to Tokyo, with over nights in Saigon, Hong Kong and Osaka. You will miss several ports (China in particular), but there are new ports (Singapore, Vietnam) added as the previous two itineraries are now combined. If you are not happy with the proposed change, or perhaps the date may not be suitable, Azamara will give you several options, cancel with full refunds, or keep the new 15 day cruise at the 14 day cruise booked price, plus other benefits. I would advise being patient and things will sort out. If your lucky enough to be flexible in your travel dates and accept the new itinerary I am sure you will have a lovely vacation and a wonderful experience.

I am so sorry that it seems that your 14 night 13-4-19 cruise has been changed, but not cancelled. The 90-day ticker site now shows a 15 night cruise on 29-3-19 from Singapore to Tokyo, with over nights in Saigon, Hong Kong and Osaka. You will miss several ports (China in particular), but there are new ports (Singapore, Vietnam) added as the previous two itineraries are now combined. If you are not happy with the proposed change, or perhaps the date may not be suitable, Azamara will give you several options, cancel with full refunds, or keep the new 15 day cruise at the 14 day cruise booked price, plus other benefits. I would advise being patient and things will sort out. If your lucky enough to be flexible in your travel dates and accept the new itinerary I am sure you will have a lovely vacation and a wonderful experience.

Leo....We appreciate you taking the time with your detailed response...thank you.

The problem we have is that as I stated in my opening post,we are already booked on the original Japan Intensive (27th April 2019) and were B2B with the Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise (13th April 2019) which now appears to be replaced with this new additional Japan Intensive on 14th April.

So as you see, we would have no option but to cancel our 13th April 2019 cruise. ( I am sure Japan will be very interesting, but we don't need to do it twice!)

Still waiting for Azamara to let us know what's happening, (they seem to have got some TA's to market the new arrangements, but obviously informing their customers are not a big priority for them!):(