Clarification Needed : Dining Experience With "Bella"

cruzeluver

Hello All,

We are considering booking MSC for the first time (multiple cruises on other lines) and just wanted to make sure I understand how dining works if booked in a Bella stateroom. We are looking at Seaside sailing out of Miami in early 2018.

So with Bella, this is no guarantee that we would be allocated a table in the main dining room? We run the risk of buffet for the week? And even if we do get a table in the mdr no guarantee if it would be early or late dining? We definitely want fixed late seating and to know we will have a table in the mdr, so in order to ensure that we need to move up to the next level from Bella?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by cruzeluver
more info

You are correct. When booking the Bella experience, you may request your dining preference, early or late, but it will not be guaranteed. You must book the Fantastica experience to have confirmation on your preference. That said, I read somewhere on these boards that MSC will be rolling out My Time Dining late this year or early next year, which may be a good solution for you.

Even with Bella you will be guaranteed a dining time but your priority is last so you might not get the time you want you get what's left early or late seating

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they do not put a group together? Our 5 cabin reservations are linked together.

So they do not put a group together? Our 5 cabin reservations are linked together.

I think you should call MSC and see if you can get clarification about that. If your reservations are linked together, I'd hope you would all be seated together.

Weird. Ok , thank you for all of the replies. We will definitely have to move up from Bella. Risking early seating is not preferable and possibly not having a table in the main dining room is absolutely out of the question. Not eating in the buffet all week.

My understanding is that if you cannot be accommodated in the MDR, a section of the buffet is cordoned off and you are served the MDR menu, by wait staff, as if you were in the MDR.

Seaside Bella get what's left as far as time.. fantas early or late preference and can change daily prior to 1600 based on availability... aurea and wellness anytime dining ...yacht club private restaurant

The first thing I would do when I got on board would be to talk to the maitre d about dining preference and be flexible about time they can accommodate you or if you can upgrade from Bella you would also get other perks including drink coupons

Thank you fro the quick reply. Additionally with Bella we also run the risk of not getting a table in the main dining room at all?

CORRECT

Even with Bella you will be guaranteed a dining time but your priority is last so you might not get the time you want you get what's left early or late seating

Not quite correct

see the small print at the bottom of the image.

it reads

"Should the main restaurant be full, Bella experience guests may be asked to be seated in the Buffet area , where they will receive full main restaurant service"

experience%20BELLA.jpg

Pete

Just curious - here's a thought. What if you have Bella experience but are a Black Card member? Which is higher: the cabin/experience or the status?

Voyagers Club level is irrelevant and is not a deciding factor. However, I would ask the maitreD to take it into consideration as I earned it through sailing regularly with MSC. Whether he would or not would be up to him. There are so many cases he has to weigh up, who knows what criteria he uses to prioritise requests.

Not quite correct

see the small print at the bottom of the image.

it reads

"Should the main restaurant be full, Bella experience guests may be asked to be seated in the Buffet area , where they will receive full main restaurant service"

......From US website......

BELLA

GOOD DEAL: Choose from a standard stateroom and add on a variety of a la carte amenities.

Interior, Ocean View & Balcony Staterooms

• On MSC Meraviglia, MSC Seaside and MSC Seaview, guests can request Flexi Early or Flexi Late preference at the time of booking*. On all other ships, Classic dining style with the chance to express a seating preference. Seating preference is subject to availability and reconfirmation on board.
  • MSC Voyagers Club points to earn discounts and other benefits on future cruises

• *Dining times will be communicated once on board. Guests will be allocated the same dining time for the entire cruise. Once on board and subject to availability, guests have the flexibility of changing their dining time or dining style.
  • Download our experience benefits summary chart to easily compare what’s included with BELLA, FANTASTICA, WELLNESS AND AUREA

• I can't find that on the US website but this is a game changer i would Not book Bella
  • the 12 drink coupons and free breakfast room service make up the difference in price for the fantastica

Edited by kevi99

Hello All,

We are considering booking MSC for the first time (multiple cruises on other lines) and just wanted to make sure I understand how dining works if booked in a Bella stateroom. We are looking at Seaside sailing out of Miami in early 2018.

So with Bella, this is no guarantee that we would be allocated a table in the main dining room? We run the risk of buffet for the week? And even if we do get a table in the mdr no guarantee if it would be early or late dining? We definitely want fixed late seating and to know we will have a table in the mdr, so in order to ensure that we need to move up to the next level from Bella?

Thanks for any help.

You will have a table but maybe not the time you want.

You will have a table but maybe not the time you want.

So are you saying this is snippet from the MSC web site is false?

We have already decided to move up one level from Bella due to this. Thank you again to everyone who has weighed in. We are very excited to experience MSC for the first time. Their ships look incredible!