Any downside to booking excursion 6+ months out?

Stumptowngal

Now that we've enjoyed our May Alaska cruise, I'm having fun looking at the details for our February Regal Princess cruise. The Princess personalizer shows that excursions are now available to book.

There is a snorkeling excursion leaving from St.Thomas that we know we would like to take and looks decently-priced for what it is. I feel like I might as well book it now (assume I'll have to pay now also) just to be done with one more detail. I also don't know if any of these excursions ever sell out or have waitlists. So, is there anything else I should consider before I make a move?

Thanks.

Reasons to book now:

• Some excursions sell out.
  • Princess raises the prices on some excursions as it gets closer to sailing. If you have already booked, your price will not change.
  • If the price goes down or there is an excursion sale, you can rebook at the lower price. Note that Princess will not automatically rebook you at the sale price, you will have to call and ask.
  • You can use any onboard credit already posted (for example, military and future cruise deposit) to pay for the excursion now.
  • The same cancellation penalties apply as if booked onboard. For most excursions (not involving flights, hotels, or private vehicles), you can cancel until the cancellation deadline and get everything back - to your credit card if cancellation enough days prior to sailing or refundable credit if cancelled onboard.

Reasons to wait:

• You cannot use onboard credit not yet posted to your account (for example, shareholder, loyalty, and travel agent) until it is posted. Shareholder credit will be posted within the last 90 days. Other credits may not be posted until you are onboard.
  • If you have to prepay, you are tying up the money.

Excursion prices go up closer to cruise date, so book now and save money! One of ours has gone up $50 per person. Once in a while they have a sale for 10% off and if you call they will apply sale price!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums