Set Sail Pass Credit Card

Hello all. I tried to find the answer to this but i didn't have any luck. We are taking my wife's parents on a cruise next month and I had a question about the credit card used to pay on board expenses. I entered my credit on their set sail pass. Will this be ok because their name isn't on the credit card? Do I need to be with them when they check in at the port? We are on a suite and they are not, will this be a problem at check-in? Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello all. I tried to find the answer to this but i didn't have any luck. We are taking my wife's parents on a cruise next month and I had a question about the credit card used to pay on board expenses. I entered my credit on their set sail pass. Will this be ok because their name isn't on the credit card? Do I need to be with them when they check in at the port? We are on a suite and they are not, will this be a problem at check-in? Thanks for any help!!

They normally require the credit card to be swiped at check-in.

They normally require the credit card to be swiped at check-in.

If you are paying their sea pass account with you credit card them you need to present that card at their check in or they can sign on as a cash account and you and they can go to guest services on board and put them on you card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my last 2 cruises we were told CC is no longer swiped at the Port at check in. Different ships and different ports neither wanted the physical card.

I have done 2 cabins on 1 card twice before. Both times we had to have reservations linked. Then the cabin that was paying could select an option to pay charges for another cabin during online check in. Had to enter the other cabins reservation number then all the passengers were on the same form for the payments.

I would suggest if you are unsure or worried about any issues you just have them check in with you.

I have a similar situation. I have booked 3 rooms and linked all 3 at time of booking. I recently did the checkin for all 3 rooms and parties. I wanted to use one credit card (mine) for our room, and use my husbands credit card for the other 2 rooms. I checked the option to include others on the credit card but it would not let me choose any of the rooms and all set sail passes came out as a cash account. I called customer service and they were able to set up our room with my credit card, and able to set up 1 other room with my husbands credit card, but they could not get the 3rd room on any credit card. So it is currently a cash account. The customer service rep said we would have to have it changed when we check in. I really hope we don't have any issues!!

Anyone have any suggestions or experience like this?

I have a similar situation. I have booked 3 rooms and linked all 3 at time of booking. I recently did the checkin for all 3 rooms and parties. I wanted to use one credit card (mine) for our room, and use my husbands credit card for the other 2 rooms. I checked the option to include others on the credit card but it would not let me choose any of the rooms and all set sail passes came out as a cash account. I called customer service and they were able to set up our room with my credit card, and able to set up 1 other room with my husbands credit card, but they could not get the 3rd room on any credit card. So it is currently a cash account. The customer service rep said we would have to have it changed when we check in. I really hope we don't have any issues!!

Anyone have any suggestions or experience like this?

I would fix it at check-in. I'd be afraid if the customer service rep messed with my booking any more, I might find I owe another $1000!

On my last 2 cruises we were told CC is no longer swiped at the Port at check in. Different ships and different ports neither wanted the physical card.

Being Diamond+, you have obviously been on way more cruises than I, but I have always had to have my credit card swiped at the port.

Being Diamond+, you have obviously been on way more cruises than I, but I have always had to have my credit card swiped at the port.

We used to have to swipe until last November. We did Liberty Galveston and had card out ready to give them and they said no. When we did Freedom earlier this year out of Port Everglades told the same thing. We were told it is now pulled from your online check in info. The good thing is it really speeds up check in!

I assume they would only need if you turned up and had not entered your card details online and had selected cash account and you changed your mind to use a card.

During your online check in for your setsail pass it asks if you want to add and pay for guests in another reservation. You just need their reservation number.

When we take MIL on cruises with us, I always click the box that I want to pay charges for guest in another cabin/reservation (as above), once I printed my paperwork I would always send her a copy and she would present at the pier, she typically arrives prior to us and has had no problem.