Formal night etc

shot2bits

We are on the 12 night cruise to the canaries on July 23rd. I understand there will be a couple of formal nights but will there be any other 'nights', black and white or whatever. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the 12 night cruise to the canaries on July 23rd. I understand there will be a couple of formal nights but will there be any other 'nights', black and white or whatever. Thanks in advance.

Hi. You will probably have 3 formal nights of which one is indicated as "Black & White" and most of the ladies usually comply and it does (in my opinion) look quite impressive.

If you go to your cruise personaliser, click on advice centre and ask "Do you have themed nights on board?". This will show you where to look for your particular cruise and will then tell you what themed nights will taking place. There is usually a tropical night, so we take hawaiian shirts and colourful dresses. They give you Leis etc. to wear and if the weather's good there will be a tropical themed pool party. Go for it, a lot of people do.

On our 12 night canaries cruise in 2015 we had 3 formal nights as mentioned.

We did enjoy our first tropical themed night, great fun and glad we'd bought our loud shirts/tops! I'd worked out it would be in Tenerife as we docked there until 10pm and that,indeed, was when it was. We had a pool party on deck before/as we sailed away [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The number of each formal nights per cruise plus any themes, which are not always on a formal night are listed on the website. You just click on Ventura and then N718 to locate the cruise original poster mentioned, this is given on a downloaded pdf file, which you zoom in on, other people just click their ship and inspect the dates of departure on the same downloaded file.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

Regards John

On our last cruise the official list on the website of the themed evenings mentioned Tropical but not Black and White. I thought this was odd on a 17 night cruise so I took the jacket I usually wear on a Black and White evening and yes there was one.That's the only evening of the themed ones that is formal. Of the other themed evenings I would say that a lot of passengers do dress for the Tropical Evening - not to the extent of wearing Grass Skirts - although in the past I have seen one man wearing one! The men tend to wear the brightly coloured shirts with palm trees etc. on them - they do usually sell them in the shop but I bought my husband's several years ago from Ebay and it comes out every time. I usually wear a bright pink top with white trousers - sometimes you get given leis to wear, sometimes not. If it's in the Caribbean you usually get given them on arrival at the check in at the port in Bridgetown.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me and my wife are on the same cruise! There are three formal nights I read, don't have a problem with a suit and shirt but never wear ties! So we'll have to see how that turns out:(

Me and my wife are on the same cruise! There are three formal nights I read, don't have a problem with a suit and shirt but never wear ties! So we'll have to see how that turns out:(

The dress code does require a tie on formal nights in the MDR and certain other venues like the Crow's Nest or equivalent, so best have one at the ready if you want to go into these.

Edited by Scriv

The dress code does require a tie on formal nights in the MDR and certain other venues like the Crow's Nest or equivalent, so best have one at the ready if you want to go into these.

Thanks!! How about the specialty restaurants i.e. Sindu is a favourite of ours, ill pack an emergency tie anyway.

I agree that the dress code does require a tie on formal nights but we noticed on out last 2 Ventura cruises that it seemed to be less strictly adhered to. In March passengers were allowed in the MDR in polo shirts and jeans on the formal nights but we have been on Oriana and Azura since then and the dress code was adhered to. My opinion is that for some reason Ventura is generally less formal.