Booking On Board.

Hi.Can anyone please tell me if you book a guaranteed balcony while on board do they offer you any OBC?I know you don't get any if you book online.Thank you.

Yes, you can get OBC for a guarantee booking. OBC depends on the length of the cruise and stateroom type, so they will give you OBC based on the minimum stateroom category guaranteed.

Yes, you can get OBC for a guarantee booking. OBC depends on the length of the cruise and stateroom type, so they will give you OBC based on the minimum stateroom category guaranteed.

Excellent thank you.So best to hold and wait till we are on board and book to get the OBC.Would be a balcony guaranteed.

Excellent thank you.So best to hold and wait till we are on board and book to get the OBC.Would be a balcony guaranteed.

Not necessarily best, you have to be able to predict the future and know if the price might go up by the time you get onboard, so that any OBC you get does not cover the price increase.

Not necessarily best, you have to be able to predict the future and know if the price might go up by the time you get onboard, so that any OBC you get does not cover the price increase.

Very true.I'm on board Indy in 2 months time.Hopefully the price won't go up that much by then.

Very true.I'm on board Indy in 2 months time.Hopefully the price won't go up that much by then.

Some would book now (Ellen, where are you?) to put a ceiling on the price, and then if the price has not gone up by the time of your cruise, you can cancel and rebook onboard.

Some would book now (Ellen, where are you?) to put a ceiling on the price, and then if the price has not gone up by the time of your cruise, you can cancel and rebook onboard.

I would loose my deposit as I'm in the UK.

I thought about booking on board during my last cruise in Feb but wasnt sure what the benefits would be over booking back on land. Maybe I should have as I booked a cruise for next year. I don't recall seeing anything better then what I could have gotten from my agent IIRC

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

I thought about booking on board during my last cruise in Feb but wasnt sure what the benefits would be over booking back on land. Maybe I should have as I booked a cruise for next year. I don't recall seeing anything better then what I could have gotten from my agent IIRC

The prices onboard are no different than the website prices. The advantages are lower deposit and on board credit.

If booking on board, how many times can you change sailings/itineraries and keep the reduced deposit and OBC?

At one time you could change once. Then there was no limit. I think we're still in the no limit period.

If booking on board, how many times can you change sailings/itineraries and keep the reduced deposit and OBC?

I have been told by Royal that if the booking is made on board, you can change it as many times as you want to up until the day of final payment and the OBC goes with the booking. I have changed the odd booking but my TA has had to hang up and ring again in order to speak to someone who knows this can be done:(.

Cheers

Di

I plan on booking on board on my next cruise. Do they still do the reduced deposit?

Be aware, that RCL seems to be introducing a refundable & not refundable deposit. The non refundable deposit would incur a $100 per for any change to a different cruise date, ship or itinerary. From one of the other threads, it's supposed to go into effect on July 1.

Be aware, that RCL seems to be introducing a refundable & not refundable deposit. The non refundable deposit would incur a $100 per for any change to a different cruise date, ship or itinerary. From one of the other threads, it's supposed to go into effect on July 1.

Good point Nelblu - I need to read the article that was posted by another Member and just make sure that it applies to bookings made after the 1st July 2017. Otherwise, I need to sort out all my bookings quick smart:)

Cheers

Di

Good point Nelblu - I need to read the article that was posted by another Member and just make sure that it applies to bookings made after the 1st July 2017. Otherwise, I need to sort out all my bookings quick smart:)

Cheers

Di

Although, it's not in effect, if you do a mock booking and after you select the cabin type, this blue box will come up and read the footnote associated. This is how I deduced of the refundable & non and associated deposits. The more detailed thread presently going is identifying suite class, but it seems to apply to all classes.