Wine for embarking from SJ

BlondieB

We plan on purchasing wine at CVS or Walgreens for our cruise. We've docked in SJ twice but never embarked from there. Since we don't leave until 10pm and can put our belongings on the ship and get back off, how would they know if you already brought your allotted 1 bottle per person over 21 when you first boarded? What would stop you from going back to CVS or Walgreens and buying another bottle?

We plan on purchasing wine at CVS or Walgreens for our cruise. We've docked in SJ twice but never embarked from there. Since we don't leave until 10pm and can put our belongings on the ship and get back off, how would they know if you already brought your allotted 1 bottle per person over 21 when you first boarded? What would stop you from going back to CVS or Walgreens and buying another bottle?

Key Card will evidence in/out/in. Also, think there was a seperare entrance for new embarkers (check-in) and visitors.

Have no doubt CC will have members with the definitive answer.

They won't really know. Everyone comes back to the ship the same way as those embarking. I would allow for some time to pass after your board the first time with your wine and when you return with your second stash. This might help with security "forgetting" your face and that you just came in with wine already.

They won't really know. Everyone comes back to the ship the same way as those embarking. I would allow for some time to pass after your board the first time with your wine and when you return with your second stash. This might help with security "forgetting" your face and that you just came in with wine already.

That's what I figured. I read one post about someone getting 6 bottles on doing that. I've smuggled before and have come home with the same booze I smuggled because I've determined I'm far too lazy or having too much fun to stop what I'm doing and go back to my room to mix a drink so I just buy from the bar. It took me 2-3 cruises to figure this out and I just said forget it! ;p Heck I still have that booze in the same rum runners to this day and the last time I smuggled was on the Magic back in 2012 if that tells you how much I drink at home. :')