Travel Insurance Time, thinking to buy for just one of a couple?

happy cruzer

Hi, I have read for two days here on this board and on the cruise travel insurance board. And I think I may have decided that DH has great med insurance through work. I have high deductible insurance. We're in the US and both policies do cover out of the US. So I am thinking to just get a policy for me. Maybe evac for him once I get the details of what he has.

So if I had to claim trip interruption, cancellation, lost baggage or anything it would not matter that he wasn't covered would it??

Surely some else has a situation like this?

And thanks for all the posts about insurance that you O cruisers have already made!

If you used a credit card to book your travel you may want to check to see if it has any travel/lost luggage/medical insurance benefits. Evacuation insurance through AMEX or others has various levels of coverage and may be worth booking x 2. But evacuation insurance typically does not include lost luggage or trip interruption. As to lost luggage I know the airlines at least want you to identify if the luggage is yours or DH's; how they react if you claim its all yours is outside my experience.

Good points. We probably will only check one bag, which will be mine :).

Yes, I do plan to do a comprehensive plan for me including the evac. Probably just evac for him, since he has super med coverage. Self insure his cancellation, interuption, etc.

Thanks for the quick responses.