Buying beverage package before boarding

We have a cruise coming up in October and the other day I logged into my account and there was on the front page a note about buying the beverage package before boarding and saving 20%.

I didn't look at it at the time, figuring it was too soon. Now when I look for it, it is gone.

Do I have to sign up for it thru that to get the discount or just buy before boarding?

Just trying to see if it would be worth doing.

Thank you

The discount comes and goes, but I haven't seen it go that quickly. Sign into your cruise planner and click on beverage packages. Most likely it's still on sale, you just didn't get the ad last time.

If it's not on sale, check every other day. Buying on board will most likely be full price.

The 20% sale for our October Oasis has been in our cruise planner for months. The last Allure sailing we had it didn't show up until about 90 days prior to sailing. So, no rhyme or reason. It's 20% off the on board price and sometimes you will see a 30% off sale, but my experience has been they raise the price and then give you the sale price. In any event, $40 - $44 per day seems to be a pretty good price on anything we have done recently.

As others have said, if you're going to purchase the drink package I would purchase it before your cruise via the planner. The deluxe package for our sailing has been at $44 per day for months. Some weeks it says 20% off, some days not but the price has remained the same. Buy it now and if it happens to go down even more, you can cancel and rebook up until a couple days prior to the sailing.

Our Anthem cruise next month started the deluxe drink package out at $60/day. A few months ago, it went on sale for $48/day. We happened to look on the website yesterday, and it was at $39/day. I would personally book it, and watch for any sales online that will save you money. You can always cancel and rebook the package if the price goes down between now and a couple of days prior to your cruise.

I assume you can't use OBC to buy the drink packages in advance, correct?

If that's true, is there any downside to buying onboard besides maybe paying more than online? When we sailed with Celebrity and bought onboard with OBC, they just added a sticker to the bottom right of our card. From what was told on the Celebrity board, this was actually a good thing because the sticker made it more obvious to bartenders that we had the package, as they had been known to miss the printed indication on cards of folks who had booked the packages pre-sailing.

I assume you can't use OBC to buy the drink packages in advance, correct? .

Depends on where the OBC comes from - RCI sourced OBC can be used, TA OBC not. Check your planner - it will list the OBC available to spend.

Depends on where the OBC comes from - RCI sourced OBC can be used, TA OBC not. Check your planner - it will list the OBC available to spend.

Thanks for clarifying! We are getting our OBC from the TA, so it's not showing on the planner, guess we'll have to wait until we're on board. Figured as much, just thought I'd ask!

Hi - where does it show the OBC that RCI give you? I'm not seeing anything and it is for a cruise bought on board. Thanks

As others have said, if you're going to purchase the drink package I would purchase it before your cruise via the planner. The deluxe package for our sailing has been at $44 per day for months. Some weeks it says 20% off, some days not but the price has remained the same. Buy it now and if it happens to go down even more, you can cancel and rebook up until a couple days prior to the sailing.

Is that price with the 18% gratuity?