Norwegian Gem Food Photos! June 3rd-10th 2017

canvasowl

Oh my gosh, I think I gained 15 pounds just looking at the food and menus. Thanks for posting! Curious - do they put notice of the special buffets (seafood, Italian, deck bbq) in the dailies?

They do post in the dailies the theme of the buffet, i think it's on the second or last page. Deck bbqs are on days where you're at sea and not in a port. Themes that I remember are seafood, italian, american/bbq, bahama/carribean, and asian.

Thanks so much for posting all of these great photos plus the menus!

Is the Grouper Sandwich from Day 1 Lunch spicy or is it just the mayo?

It said spicy mayo, but it wasn't really spicy, more like an aioli. It came on the side so you can add as much or as little as you want. Or swap it out for tartar sauce, but it was pretty good.

34418746123_1502383e1b_z.jpg

I make one trip to the bar the whole cruise(wink,wink) and you happen to get a picture of it, I'm the bald guy on the right. Too bad the Great Outdoors was closed all week and you could not get any food pictures from there.

Where was the seafood buffet? In the main buffet? or in a specialty restaurant?

The Seafood Buffet!

35202446036_0bac515494_z.jpg

35242534565_c4e192fbb0_z.jpg

35187858326_48f8f66e4d_z.jpg

34855633000_466075f86a_z.jpg

35187857566_338a08dbb7_z.jpg

34855631250_7719f0c5b2_z.jpg

Some clams and muscle which were good and in a light marinade. Shrimp risotto. And I'm not sure what that thing on the right was, it was like a fried sushi roll/beef wellington thing.

Thanks so much for posting! Buffet desserts look much better than in GA or Escape. Very tempting. Loved your food review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34418746123_1502383e1b_z.jpg

I make one trip to the bar the whole cruise(wink,wink) and you happen to get a picture of it, I'm the bald guy on the right. Too bad the Great Outdoors was closed all week and you could not get any food pictures from there.

Haha! And yea, my mom was really looking forward to hanging out at the Great Outdoors all week, especially for breakfast. They were redoing the floors, and never reopened it :( we also were asked if we could leave our cabin for a few hours while they lay down new carpet and decor. Ended up saying no, since we could smell the glue from the redone rooms down the hall and didn't want to deal with it the whole trip.

Where was the seafood buffet? In the main buffet? or in a specialty restaurant?

This was in the regular buffet, think on day 2. There wasn't much besides what i pictures, a few cold salads like a shrimp one and a tilapia one. Might've had shrimps at the pasta station. There was a paella dish, and a mixed seafood salad. No raw shellfish, crab, lobster, salmon besides what was in that weird burrito thing, maybe a grilled white fish.

Haha! And yea, my mom was really looking forward to hanging out at the Great Outdoors all week, especially for breakfast. They were redoing the floors, and never reopened it :( we also were asked if we could leave our cabin for a few hours while they lay down new carpet and decor. Ended up saying no, since we could smell the glue from the redone rooms down the hall and didn't want to deal with it the whole trip.

It's too bad they weren't just honest and told us it would be closed all week. I looked out the window of LaCucina on Friday and I will be surprised if it is open at all this week.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Fantastic Photos!! You really have a gift. The food photos were fabulous, but I have to tell you I think my favorite pic was the one of the King Vulture. Although the Statue of Liberty was postcard perfect.

Thank you so much for sharing and taking the time to take the great pic.s! Now I'm going to go back and look at the rest in your link.

Great pics! Are all of the drink pictures you posted included in the drink package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep! I was drinking about 7 or so a day. There really is no limit on the amount you can drink, you just can't buy multiple drinks at once. If you do want to buy a bunch, you need to also show them your friends/family's room cards and they need to also have the ultimate beverage package. Was mostly drinking mudslides and amaretto sours. A few people were drinking Midori sours but I never tried it, they were a cool bright green. And the tax while in port that you have to pay was usually .50-.70 cents. When you see the receipt they give you, don't freak out. They include the price of the drink on there so you'll see something like a bill for $13 and be confused. When you fill out and sign the receipt, you just put the tax in the total and ignore the other stuff.

Thanks so much for posting. I really miss the Gem it offers such a great relaxed feeling. They just don't offer enough kids activity anymore since they ended the partnership with Nick. So we've been on the Breakaway. but that poolside cooking in those large kettles is everything!

canvasowl

Just a note to say thanks on where you can get the hidden food on the Gem. I been on the Gem the most and love the ship (going again in December, 2017) but there were some food that I could not find but you provided me the hiding places to look. No I had no problem in locating the soft ice cream Thanks Again

Sam The Cat

Going on the Gem in a couple of months. Thanks for all your posts. They were greatly appreciated. Is there a vibe beach club on the boat?

Nope, no vibe beach club :( but if you want to go in the pool or hot tub and avoid crowds, everyone was out of the area by 6/7 and at dinner. A couple of times around 9, we had a whole hot tub to ourselves.

This is a great photo with the Verrazano in the background. The colors look so vibrant; did you enhance the photo in any way? Also loving your food photos.

I enhanced the color, levels and sharpness a bit in photoshop, was using an old Canon Powershot, and it didn't do well in sunny scenes, so I had to play around with it to get the picture to look closer to the scene.