Anniversary Cruise Options - Help

MistyRo76

Looking at cruise options to celebrate our 5th Anniversary next April. We are taking a week long cruise on the Vista this November, so want to do something shorter (4 or 5 days - also not too long to be away from the little one). Also thought since it's our first "milestone" anniversary that it would be nice to splurge on an aft-wrap cabin (never had one of those before). I have narrowed it down to three options which are all very close in price (only $60 separates least and most expensive). Would appreciate any feedback to help us decide!

1. Carnival Victory - 4 Night Key West/Cozumel: Pros - good itinerary for a short cruise. Cons - Been on the Victory several times already and have done this itinerary probably a half-dozen times already.

2. Carnival Liberty - 4 Night Nassau/Princess Cays: Pros - never been on the Liberty before, Princess Cays would be a new port for both of us. Cons - Nassau is not a favorite port. Sails from Port Canaveral (not my fave dept. port - but it's doable).

3. Carnival Victory - 4 Night Nassau/Half Moon Cay: Pros - Half Moon Cay!, only cruise that is actually right over our anniversary (the others just miss it by a couple of days). Cons - Nassau again, most expensive of the three (but not by much).

Thanks in advance!

Have you considered just getting an aft cabin but not the corner?

With only 2 of you, and celebrating so probably wanting a lot of cuddle time, an aft-wrap is really unnecessary.

We've had an aft wrap twice and those balconies are HUGE. It was perfect for us since we were traveling with large family groups, so everyone could fit.

Just a thought.

I would want to be ON THE SHIP on the actual Anniversary.

And - as you say - Half Moon Cay......

Stay on the ship in Nassau - maybe do something at the spa.

Happy, Happy Anniversary - !:D

Thank you for the (early) anniversary well-wishes!

I do love the idea of being on the cruise over our actual anniversary. But when I looked at the dates again, we would be getting OFF the cruise on our anniversary. But I guess it still counts, right?? And we could celebrate the night before we disembark.

I think last time I was on a cruise to Nassau, I did just what you recommended - went to the spa for a massage! It was great...and so nice to have no crowds to fight on the ship. No issue getting a well-positioned deck chair, no wait for a drink at the bar and no lines at the buffet! :)

Have you considered just getting an aft cabin but not the corner?

With only 2 of you, and celebrating so probably wanting a lot of cuddle time, an aft-wrap is really unnecessary.

We've had an aft wrap twice and those balconies are HUGE. It was perfect for us since we were traveling with large family groups, so everyone could fit.

Just a thought.

I did consider the aft-extended balconies as well! I've read mixed reviews on those...some say there are issues with soot from the funnel and you're in the complete sunshine without alot of privacy. I do recall when we hung out with friends on their aft wrap you could be in the sun or in the shade. Seemed to be a little more cover from the decks above. Aft-extended is certainly not out of the equation by any means. But right now the aft-wraps are pretty decently priced...so we may just go for it. Might be slight overkill...but that's what makes it a splurge, i guess! :D