population on labor day weekend

nina_930

I am booked on labor day weekend, leaving Thursday and coming back Monday. Do you think there will be many children and booze cruisers or do most people get ready for start of school? Don't get me wrong, I like both, I'm just curious. I took a cruise in October and it was super quite. Thanks.

The majority of my cruises have run through Labor Day. Prices drop once school starts which is one of my motivating factors for cruising at that time but its also has a huge drop in the population of kids from my observation. Its a notable difference. There are still those who get pretty drunk but overall, I feel that is turned down or in the least, alot less noticeable. Its my favorite time of the year to cruise.

I am booked on labor day weekend, leaving Thursday and coming back Monday. Do you think there will be many children and booze cruisers or do most people get ready for start of school? Don't get me wrong, I like both, I'm just curious. I took a cruise in October and it was super quite. Thanks.

5 day cruises are not as bad as 3 day cruises... had this been a Sat to Mon on a holiday weekend I think it would be a heavy booze cruise..

That being said, we tend to find ourselves over holiday weekends, and what we see are a lot more 25+ somethings that are just starting their careers and dont have extra vacation days yet. It is nice to pick up a free national holiday on your cruise so you dont have to use one of the 5 or 10 vacation days that you might start your career with.

I have done a bunch of these cruises and they tend to be middle of the road... BUT it all just depends on the crowd that gets on the ship... one 20+ group of people that want to party and they might draw out others making it more a booze cruise, or it could just be a bunch of younger families that are looking for one quite vacation right before school starts again.

I will be on the Dream for Labor day weekend out of NO... Not to worried though as it is a 7 day cruise, and I expect it to be more laid back due to the length.

Have a great cruise and be prepared for anything... its all what we make it!

I would plan on that cruise being one giant party. We have found that the shorter cruises, especially not in the school year are the "worst" for boozers. When I have done shorter cruises in the summer, they are more family oriented.

If it gets to be "too much" - we had people holding a hall party at 11 pm - simply call security.

I go every year for Labor Day as my anniversary is Sept 2nd so we are always on Labor Day weekend out of Port Canaveral and there are for sure plenty of booze cruisers and while I don't see a ton of older kids running around I do see a ton of families with smaller kids

We went on labor day for my best friend's birthday a couple of years ago we usually go around then or in October. I did notice it was more kids on our Sept cruise as it was on labor day. This year I have one booked for the weekend after labor day. It was definitely a booze cruise for us. I would see a spike in kids because a lot kids don't start school until after labor day. I remember saying I thought kids were in school why are there so many on a cruise? Plus with year round school. Anyone who it is a hit or miss if you ask me.

5 day cruises are not as bad as 3 day cruises... had this been a Sat to Mon on a holiday weekend I think it would be a heavy booze cruise..

That being said, we tend to find ourselves over holiday weekends, and what we see are a lot more 25+ somethings that are just starting their careers and dont have extra vacation days yet. It is nice to pick up a free national holiday on your cruise so you dont have to use one of the 5 or 10 vacation days that you might start your career with.

I have done a bunch of these cruises and they tend to be middle of the road... BUT it all just depends on the crowd that gets on the ship... one 20+ group of people that want to party and they might draw out others making it more a booze cruise, or it could just be a bunch of younger families that are looking for one quite vacation right before school starts again.

I will be on the Dream for Labor day weekend out of NO... Not to worried though as it is a 7 day cruise, and I expect it to be more laid back due to the length.

Have a great cruise and be prepared for anything... its all what we make it!

I agree with your comments. OPs cruise is Thursday to Monday. The really discount partiers will pick an even shorter cruise so I think it will probably be ok. I think the 5 day cruises are a great value on the per cost per day however most just look at the total and how much work they have to miss.