Spa questions, advance purchase

tt_moore

I do pre-booking for my wife and you can get the 10-20-30% deal and chose your days/times. You can try different schedules before finalizing and note better price breaks for different times/days. Your not going to get a better deal on the ship other than the port day specials but times maybe limited.

Cheers and happy cruising

I was going to post the same as Port of Tampa. You can get good deals onboard if you book on port days. The thing is the times are usually right in the middle of the day.

It is my personal opinion it is better to book on line and take the % discount. Then you enjoy your day in port.

I pre-booked a VIP couples pass on the Carnival Dream and the port day prices were still more than what I paid. The only issue is that even though it's prepaid, they will still post the charge to your Sail and Sign card and turn around and post the refund. Don't be upset when you see that charge the first day.

The only way to guarantee your time slot is to book & pay prior to. We do it all the time to guarantee. Sometimes the service we want isn't offered pre-sailing (ex - we sailed the Sunshine in April. We wanted to do a Ginger Salt & Lime glow couples massage for 75 min. It wasn't offered online. I booked the couples 75 min hot stone and paid for it. We we boarded we went to the spa confirmed all of our reservations and requested that it be changed to the GS&LG. They did and we simply paid the difference in the treatment price.) They will not give you a refund for a "downgrade" unless you have a complaint (ex - we booked & paid in advance for 2 hot stones couples massages on a cruise Oct 2016. The therapists weren't good at hot stones. We got a discount credited back on both).

I really don't recommend pre-booking spa services. The spa is a separate company and there are some serious problems with the process.

I actually disagree with this. We've sailed a lot. We are spa junkies, especially couples massages. I ALWAYS book online ahead of sailing. The reason is so we guarantee what time slot we want for the massages and plan the rest of our days accordingly. We prefer 75 min massages and like the 1st slot in the morning. Availability will get limited depending on the time of day and the ship making it hard to just say I would like to come tomorrow @ 7:30 PM, etc.

While they do offer the 10%/20%/30% discounts, it doesn't always work online. Having said that, EVERY cruise, we've been given the discount when arriving in the spa simply by asking the spa manager to adjust the billing to reflect it. It's simply a credit back to your S&S account. They pretty much offer the same discounts w/ 3 or more spa purchases when you board as well. The ONLY time we've ever seen additional drops or discounts is if the spa isn't booking. You can get better rates on port days b/c most people get off the boat, not go to the spa. That's a preference.

• 8 months later...
I pre-booked a VIP couples pass on the Carnival Dream and the port day prices were still more than what I paid. The only issue is that even though it's prepaid, they will still post the charge to your Sail and Sign card and turn around and post the refund. Don't be upset when you see that charge the first day.

Did the pre-paid amount include the gratuity or did it get added when it was included on your Sign and Sail account?

The only way to guarantee your time slot is to book & pay prior to. We do it all the time to guarantee. Sometimes the service we want isn't offered pre-sailing (ex - we sailed the Sunshine in April. We wanted to do a Ginger Salt & Lime glow couples massage for 75 min. It wasn't offered online. I booked the couples 75 min hot stone and paid for it. We we boarded we went to the spa confirmed all of our reservations and requested that it be changed to the GS&LG. They did and we simply paid the difference in the treatment price.) They will not give you a refund for a "downgrade" unless you have a complaint (ex - we booked & paid in advance for 2 hot stones couples massages on a cruise Oct 2016. The therapists weren't good at hot stones. We got a discount credited back on both).

I actually disagree with this. We've sailed a lot. We are spa junkies, especially couples massages. I ALWAYS book online ahead of sailing. The reason is so we guarantee what time slot we want for the massages and plan the rest of our days accordingly. We prefer 75 min massages and like the 1st slot in the morning. Availability will get limited depending on the time of day and the ship making it hard to just say I would like to come tomorrow @ 7:30 PM, etc.

While they do offer the 10%/20%/30% discounts, it doesn't always work online. Having said that, EVERY cruise, we've been given the discount when arriving in the spa simply by asking the spa manager to adjust the billing to reflect it. It's simply a credit back to your S&S account. They pretty much offer the same discounts w/ 3 or more spa purchases when you board as well. The ONLY time we've ever seen additional drops or discounts is if the spa isn't booking. You can get better rates on port days b/c most people get off the boat, not go to the spa. That's a preference.

You seem to be very experienced with pre-booking spa treatments. We are also thinking about pre-booking a couples massage for our cruise in September. Do the prices online when you pre-pay already include the 15% gratuity or does that get added to your Sign & Sail account at the time of service?