Getting to Pier 91 in Seattle

Max and Ruby

Not to the best of my knowledge. There is a posting around here where someone speaks very highly of a gentleman named AJ (I think that was his name.) but I don't remember where the thread is. Okay, just went looking for it. (It was in the first area that I looked. ;p) Go to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2505596 and you'll see that they talk about SeaTac Towncar Service (funny that I remembered the driver's name and not the company!) which is who AJ works for. The really like him so hopefully, you like him also.

Tom

Thanks, I have seen her reviews. It seem like you know a lot about the area so I wondered if you had heard of him. Would SUV's be treated as cars and made to wait or would they have a special lane like the taxis? I'm wondering if we would get dropped off quicker if we took a shuttle.

Thanks, I have seen her reviews. It seem like you know a lot about the area so I wondered if you had heard of him. Would SUV's be treated as cars and made to wait or would they have a special lane like the taxis? I'm wondering if we would get dropped off quicker if we took a shuttle.

By SUV, I'm going to assume that you mean either a limo/towncar or a privately owned vehicle. If that is the case, the vehicle would be in a separate line from the taxis. As vehicles approach the terminal building, there will be 3 lines of traffic. The left-most lane, lane 1 is for privately owned vehicles, limos & towncars. The 2nd lane is only for taxis, and the 3rd, or right-most lane is for buses. By buses I mean large commercial buses taking passengers from the pier to the airport or picking up tour groups, and smaller shuttle buses such as Shuttle Express or Seattle Express. Other shuttles, such as Speedy Shuttle will be in the 1st lane with POVs, limos & towncars. During late morning (after 10:30 or so) lines 1 & 2 are about the same with line 1 maybe being a bit shorter. Overall, there's not going to be much difference in taking one over the other. Oh, I forgot to mention, if you're coming via Uber or a similar method, you would be in lane 1 with the POVs.

On the same subject, in the early morning during disembarkation, the taxi line to get into the queue can get really long, but it moves pretty quickly as the taxi departures go quickly. The POV line can get long also. Seattle Express and Shuttle Express, since they are smaller, tend to leave quickly as it doesn't take them long to fill up (approx. 10-15 people I believe (11 maybe?)) while the standard buses take a bit longer. The standard buses are broken down into 2 basic types, those that take passengers who have luggage with them that they will be checking in at the airport and those that have used the Port Valet program and have only carry-on bags with them. Naturally, the ones with carry-on only fill much more quickly and leave sooner than those that have to load luggage. In almost all cases, those buses are held no more than 20 minutes after the first passenger gets on the bus before it is dispatched to the airport. The fastest buses may leave as soon as 7 minutes after the first passenger gets on. Sometimes the first buses with no luggage don't leave until the 20 minute time is reached. It all depends on the release times of the passenger groups on the Princess & Holland-America ships, something that the personnel on the pier have absolutely no control over.

Hope this info helps you. If not, let me know what other questions you have.

Tom

By SUV, I'm going to assume that you mean either a limo/towncar or a privately owned vehicle. If that is the case, the vehicle would be in a separate line from the taxis. As vehicles approach the terminal building, there will be 3 lines of traffic. The left-most lane, lane 1 is for privately owned vehicles, limos & towncars. The 2nd lane is only for taxis, and the 3rd, or right-most lane is for buses. By buses I mean large commercial buses taking passengers from the pier to the airport or picking up tour groups, and smaller shuttle buses such as Shuttle Express or Seattle Express. Other shuttles, such as Speedy Shuttle will be in the 1st lane with POVs, limos & towncars. During late morning (after 10:30 or so) lines 1 & 2 are about the same with line 1 maybe being a bit shorter. Overall, there's not going to be much difference in taking one over the other. Oh, I forgot to mention, if you're coming via Uber or a similar method, you would be in lane 1 with the POVs.

On the same subject, in the early morning during disembarkation, the taxi line to get into the queue can get really long, but it moves pretty quickly as the taxi departures go quickly. The POV line can get long also. Seattle Express and Shuttle Express, since they are smaller, tend to leave quickly as it doesn't take them long to fill up (approx. 10-15 people I believe (11 maybe?)) while the standard buses take a bit longer. The standard buses are broken down into 2 basic types, those that take passengers who have luggage with them that they will be checking in at the airport and those that have used the Port Valet program and have only carry-on bags with them. Naturally, the ones with carry-on only fill much more quickly and leave sooner than those that have to load luggage. In almost all cases, those buses are held no more than 20 minutes after the first passenger gets on the bus before it is dispatched to the airport. The fastest buses may leave as soon as 7 minutes after the first passenger gets on. Sometimes the first buses with no luggage don't leave until the 20 minute time is reached. It all depends on the release times of the passenger groups on the Princess & Holland-America ships, something that the personnel on the pier have absolutely no control over.

Hope this info helps you. If not, let me know what other questions you have.

Tom

Thanks again.I'm still trying to decide and will ask if I have more questions.