owners v vista

jimgib

could someone explain to me the differences between an owners suite and a vista suite as i cant find a layout of a vista. i know ones at the front other at the back, but seems to be some 200sq ft difference in size, we wanted a OS but can only get a VS. also are we still likely to get an invite to the captains table if we are in a VS.

Thanks JimGib

We have been in both the Owners and Vista Suite. You will get many differing opinions, but her is my opinion and experience.

When we were in the Owners Suite, we had soot on our balcony everyday to be fair, others have not had this experience. When you leave port, you get to see where you've been when you pull out.

We have had the VIsta suite twice and I prefer this. The layout is the same and the difference is minimal, in my opinion. Owners has a little larger balcony and interior space, but I can honestly say we did not miss it. You get the same perks in the Vista Suite as in the Owners Suite. We were invited to eat with the Captain both times we were in the Vista. Unless things have changed. You can also order meals from all the different dining venues in both types of Suites. Some say it is windy in the front of the ship. We did not experience this both times we had the Vista. When you sit down the wind is blocked and very minimal. We ate out on our balcony many times. Be sure to get a Vista Suite on the highest deck, I think it's the 7th or 8th deck. The complaints seem to come from the lower decked Suites. I love being in the front when we come into port. ;)

There are many similar threads to this including one I started a few months ago. The biggest difference is the noise when docking....in a Vista you are awakened very early by the dropping of the anchor.....or thats what we were told it was.....Another difference is that a VS looks over the crew area and there could be a problem with privacy. We therefore chose an Owners Suite for our next trip. In June we had a PH1 and loved that too.

Brian

The layout of the VS is basically the same as the OS.. There is a difference in the bedroom area in the VS but it has a round window on the side wall in that area.. that window does not exist in OS. Patios on deck 6 OS's larger due to configuration of ship .. sixth deck VS is where we felt there was a privacy issue.

Prefer the OS for that reason.. and have never had a soot problem back there.

All things being equal.. they are both beautiful cabin categories!

Enjoy ( and bring some CD's if you want to play your own music).

;) Jim & Sue...

Which cruise are you on? I would think that either OS or VS would suit and that you will both be happy. I've heard only one complaint about an Owners - they felt there was too much prop vibration.

We're on the Nautica next year leaving Beijing on 3/16 and ending in Hong Kong and are looking forward to it....

Dick & Vivian

Hi Dick, we are thinking of the 31st march hong kong to athe ns so if we do that we will be getting on as u get off, if that happens and if you are staying in H K we could maybe meet up for a drink.

There is a possibility we could do the same one as you are on or the one before bangkok to beijing. any of those 3 would suite us but as stated difficulty with getting os, however after comments here I am sure a vs will be fine.

send regards to vivian.

jim & sue

Archived