Paella in Valencia on a Sunday

eqj60

I can't give you a specific recommendation on the beach but, although lunch here in Spain generally starts around 2 p.m., many places will be serving earlier if there is a ship in port with an early departure time. Local businesses will not want to miss the cruise passenger trade.

However, whether it will be warm or sunny enough to eat on the beach in late October is another matter.

Restaurants will serve lunch earlier, but you will most likely be the only diners in the restaurant, so no atmosphere.

Not only does lunch not start until at least 14.00, but normally later, it's not a hurried affair. The paella will take at least 20 minutes or longer to arrive, so I think the time restrictions are tight.

As nice as it is to eat paella in Valencia there are many restaurants throughout Spain that make a good one. So, if you are somewhere else in Spain it may be a better idea to have one when not rushed for time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, I'm from Valencia and I must say that you will probably not eat better paellas in any other place in Spain. Also, you can call the restaurant and book a table at 13:00 or even earlier. They will serve you without any problems and the service will be fast as the restaurant will be completely empty, but you must call and book for that.

Answering your main question, I recommend you to go to Casa Carmela. You will eat there the best paellas in town. The restaurant is at the end of Malvarrosa Beach, a 10 minutes taxi ride from the port. Closer to the port you have other good options like "restaurante la Pepica", "restaurante la Rosa" or "restaurante El Coso", although I like the paellas better in Casa Carmela than in the other places.

Don't miss the opportunity to try authentic Paella where it was invented here in Valencia. You will be fine getting at 16:00 to the ship.

Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

we are also going to be in port on a sunday. we are signed up with a velancia paella cooking class from 11:00-3:00. i am not sure if that will leave you enough time to get back to the ship.

this is the website i found them on:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail?product=29053P1&d=187529&aidSuffix=xsell&partner=Viator

hope this helps.

steve