First Night Done Right - Switching Restaurant Question

Considering FNDR for Oasis next month but would only want to eat at Giovanni's (yes, I know the full price is only $21 right now but $15 is still < $21).

Is there a generally accepted success rate for switching restaurants if you don't get the one you want? I'm also assuming Giovanni's isn't as sought-after given the lower price but I don't know if that makes a difference.

If not, anyone have personal experiences to share attempting to switch?

Sorry I am not aware of the success rate itself. But I have not experienced nor read any post complaining about not being accommodated.

Maybe someone will chime in later for specific success rate itself.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Edited by easyboy

I don't think you will have any issue with eating at Giovanni's on the first night. Chops was not included in the FNDR promotion when we were on the Allure last month due to the high cover charge. We got assigned at Sabor and switched to Giovanni's on board with no problems at Giovanni's is part of the FNDR restaurants.

I can only report anecdotal evidence.

I and everyone I know who has ever done FNDR has been able to get whichever restaurant they wanted once they boarded.

That's exactly what I'm looking for... anecdotal evidence. Appreciate your response.

EDIT: BTW, just noticed your name/location. I grew up in Montgomery County and my wife grew up in Bucks. We moved down here after college. The PA connection makes your anecdotal evidence even more reliable in my book. ;)

That's exactly what I'm looking for... anecdotal evidence. Appreciate your response.

EDIT: BTW, just noticed your name/location. I grew up in Montgomery County and my wife grew up in Bucks. We moved down here after college. The PA connection makes your anecdotal evidence even more reliable in my book. ;)

love the PA connections. Sailing on Oasis Aug 20th in a CLS with reservations for Sabor and Izumi (DD19 and DS15 requests) plus plan on taking advantage of Costal Kitchen. What do the RCCL vets recommend for FNDR which we also took advantage of?

Awesome! Where in Montco? I grew up in Cheltenham Twp but now live in Lower Merion Twp. :)

Awesome! Where in Montco? I grew up in Cheltenham Twp but now live in Lower Merion Twp. :)

Abington/Jenkintown area. My dad went to Cheltenham HS, mom went to Northeast (along with my MIL).

Considering FNDR for Oasis next month but would only want to eat at Giovanni's (yes, I know the full price is only $21 right now but $15 is still < $21).

Is there a generally accepted success rate for switching restaurants if you don't get the one you want? I'm also assuming Giovanni's isn't as sought-after given the lower price but I don't know if that makes a difference.

If not, anyone have personal experiences to share attempting to switch?

On many ships it is the mystery dinner in Giovanni's on the first night so it is not available.

love the PA connections. Sailing on Oasis Aug 20th in a CLS with reservations for Sabor and Izumi (DD19 and DS15 requests) plus plan on taking advantage of Costal Kitchen. What do the RCCL vets recommend for FNDR which we also took advantage of?

I've only been to Giovanni's (twice). Excellent filet but the pasta was a bit disappointing. We like it enough to be going back so I would say either there or Chops since you have Sabor/Izumi covered. Pick which menu is more appealing to you.