25 days til Breeze cruise.. What else?

Drrandall

We are finally just a few weeks away. Thanks everyone for all your help. It's been 12 years since I have cruised. First time for kids.

I already purchased Cheers, bottomless bubbles, gratuities, stingray and turtles in GC, twister to Passion Island, private tour Montego Bay.

Now.... What do I need to make sure I don't forget to pack? Anything a must bring for our room?

I remember someone saying a power strip?

Or is there a board on Cruise critic for this advice?

Thanks again everyone.

We are finally just a few weeks away. Thanks everyone for all your help. It's been 12 years since I have cruised. First time for kids.

I already purchased Cheers, bottomless bubbles, gratuities, stingray and turtles in GC, twister to Passion Island, private tour Montego Bay.

Now.... What do I need to make sure I don't forget to pack? Anything a must bring for our room?

I remember someone saying a power strip?

Or is there a board on Cruise critic for this advice?

Thanks again everyone.

Swimsuits and sunscreen! :-) Seriously, nothing that will ruin your cruise if you forget it. We did bring a power strip, and did find it helpful since my wife uses her phone for white noise and we both needed to be charged in the mornings to use the Hub app. I have a CPAP too, so an extra outlet was important. Make sure that the power strip does NOT have a surge protector. They may grab it (they may not, but the policy prohibits surge protectors).

Did you register for the youth programs in advance? It can save you some time on board. If the kids don't end up going, no harm no foul.

We were on the Breeze a couple of weeks ago. It's a great ship, and we had a wonderful time. I got some beautiful pictures of the ship that I still enjoy looking at, and we have some great memories.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Depending on the ages of your kids you might want to try the Thrill Theatre.

Happy sailing!

My five-year-old loved the Thrill Theatre. We got the unlimited passes and went probably 6 or 7 times.

Thrill theatre for sure. Girls are 12 and 7.

Already have our suitcases packed. Lol. Got 6 bottle of sunscreen . I'll bring a strip without surge for sure.

Formal nights that formal? Was just gonna bring a pair of black pants and 1 or 2 dress or polo shirts

Thrill theatre for sure. Girls are 12 and 7.

Already have our suitcases packed. Lol. Got 6 bottle of sunscreen . I'll bring a strip without surge for sure.

Formal nights that formal? Was just gonna bring a pair of black pants and 1 or 2 dress or polo shirts

No. More people dressed up the first night it seemed. Khakis and a polo satisfy the Carnival dress code. I saw some shorts and flip flops in the dining room on the second formal night though. I wore a suit one night and khakis and a dress shirt the other.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have. If you find my review, you can use the pictures to whet your appetite.

No. More people dressed up the first night it seemed. Khakis and a polo satisfy the Carnival dress code. I saw some shorts and flip flops in the dining room on the second formal night though. I wore a suit one night and khakis and a dress shirt the other.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have. If you find my review, you can use the pictures to whet your appetite.

Thanks schittenden. I'll pull it up for sure

The Breeze is wonderful! My favorite ship so far! :)

If you're all sharing one cabin, I'd look for ways to maximize space and storage. Alot of people bring over the door shoe organizers. It can be great for keeping track of toiletries and smaller items. Might be nice to also bring onboard a 12 pack of your favorite sodas. Even having bottomless bubbles, the convenience of being able to have a soda while hanging out in the cabin is nice! And you can bring on wine for yourselves as well (one bottle per person allowed).

The Hub App was great to use on the Breeze. We had a large group and it helped us find each other and set up times to meet for different activities and shows. You can download it now onto each of your phones. It will only show you a cruise countdown clock now. But once you are on the ship you can view ship maps, daily activities schedule and you can activate the chat function for $5 for the whole week (i think that's per device).

Have a great cruise!

We bring a few command hooks, the medium size ones so that we can hang them on the walls to hang up things to dry out (hats, swim suits, etc. ) the shower has a line, but it is never enough room. Just take the beach towels that you used ashore and put it under the items you hang and the carpet wont get wet. (we also wring them all out first as well) ( Carnival approves of command hooks, they need to be the kind that leave no residue behind)

We also bring a printed calendar page with where we are going, times, and if we have plans for each day. This is 2 fold, one so we can keep track of whats going on with the cruise, and two to put notes on it for what we did each day. My wife scrapbooks, and this helps her remember the fun things we did for each day. Often we hang these with 2 small magnets, but some rooms we just keep it on the counter if there is no magnetic surfaces.

The walls in the cabins on the Breeze are magnetic so you can bring magnetic hooks/clips as well to hang things up - we used on to hand our lanyards on by the door so they would be easy to grab on the way out. Also, we like the cute clips that help us keep our beach towels on our chairs - they don't blow away and make it easier to find your chairs.

I bring a battery operated alarm clock. You will more than likely stay on ship's time and your cell phone may update to local time if you have service or location services turned on with a wi-fi plan. I also bring a waterproof fitbit type watch for when I'm off the ship. Or a cheap watch will do as well.

I used these on my last Vista cruise and it was so nice to have a place for everything in the shower. There's not a lot of room for shampoo, conditioner. razors, etc in there.

https://www.amazon.com/COSMOS-Assorted-Clothespin-Multi-purpose-Organizer/dp/B01ISHFR4K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497931750&sr=8-2&keywords=mesh+clothespin+bag

7ca2721dd7063c4ac4621fbd4faed35b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to many Carnival cruises and we were on the Breeze last week and it is the best ship we have been on to date. It is a beautiful ship and so much to do. Yes, bring a power strip. My husband and son dressed casual as in shorts both formal nights. We found that more people dressed up the second formal night than the first. Have a blast!

I always bring a pop up hamper for dirty clothes. It's a very small space and having a designated spot for all the dirty laundry really helps. And they have hampers that fold flat and easily lay right on top of your clothes in your suitcase. :) Carnival also has guest laundry rooms for $3 per load (washers and dryers) if you're interested. On week long or longer cruises we pack light (4 days worth of clothes) and I do a quick load midweek. That way we can each bring a small carry-on onto the plane and skip the luggage fees (for 4 of us it would be an extra $100 each way:eek:). Don't forget sunburn relief cream because someone always ends up burned. Seasick meds, allergy meds, and a first aid kit with band aids etc. is always needed too. ;)

I

I used these on my last Vista cruise and it was so nice to have a place for everything in the shower. There's not a lot of room for shampoo, conditioner. razors, etc in there.

https://www.amazon.com/COSMOS-Assorted-Clothespin-Multi-purpose-Organizer/dp/B01ISHFR4K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1497931750&sr=8-2&keywords=mesh+clothespin+bag

7ca2721dd7063c4ac4621fbd4faed35b.jpg

Boarding the breeze in a week and two days! Just ordered this handy item for our trip!