Bringing soda on Princess

Pixiedust28

Hello everyone!

This is my first post so hopefully I did it right! My mom and I are taking a cruise to Alaska on the Island Princess in June of 2018. I've been struggling to find a straight answer on the Princess site about bringing my own cans of soda on board (I prefer Pepsi to Coke....and also don't like the idea of grossly overpaying for soda). It looks like in the past people have put a luggage tag on a case and it's been delivered to their stateroom without incident. Is the still an available option? Any tips or ticks if not? Any help is appreciated!

People bring bottled water on board using the technique you mentioned, but I've not heard of anyone bringing a case of soft drinks in cans on board and using a luggage tag. Those things can get tossed around and you could find lots of exploded cans. You might want to put the soft drinks in a carry on luggage.

People bring bottled water on board using the technique you mentioned, but I've not heard of anyone bringing a case of soft drinks in cans on board and using a luggage tag. Those things can get tossed around and you could find lots of exploded cans. You might want to put the soft drinks in a carry on luggage.

People do it all the time on Princess. I will be doing it again on Saturday. As for exploding cans, just don't open them as soon as you get them delivered! Put them in the fridge (we always ask the cabin steward to empty the fridge and minibar) and in an hour or two they will have settled down.

Thanks for the tip! Would they confiscate it out of a carry on? I mean, it's not alcohol so I would think it's no biggie, but still...

• 1 year later...