Recommendations for Shore Excursions - Sea Dream II April 9, 2006

frequent traveler

We're happily anticipating our next Sea Dream cruise -- to some islands we've never visited - any suggestions for sites to see (or to avoid)?

The itinerary is St. John, Antigua. We're arriving on Friday before sailing on Sunday and staying near the Horation Nelson dockyard and museum. Then its on to Anguilla; Little Bay, Monserrat; Portsmouth, Dominica - in particular, has anyone done the raft/tubing ride down the river? Is it worth the hour drive inland -- do they pack you in like sardines in a crowned van with no air conditioning?

Next is Rodney Bay, St. Lucia; Mayreau, St.Vincent in the Grenadines (we think this is the site of the beach party) and finally ending up in Bridgetown Barbados for about 5 few hours between disembarkation and flight time.

Thanks for your assistance. This board has been great with info.:D

FT

:D I don't think I work to pay bills. I work to go on vacation. I'm staying on the Sea Dream II in Barbados and crossing the Atlantic to Funchal. Unfortunately, my husband and 17 year old son (I promise, for those of you who don't want to see rug rats, you will not see him) have to go back to school, but I get to keep on going for a "real" vacation - no family, no job, no cell phones.

Wish you were there!!! Wish I were with you in January!!!!!!

FT:D

Your cruise has been chartered. By now,you have probably already been advised that your other option is to take the SD 1 out of San Juan and go to St. John, St. Martin, St. Kitts & Nevis, Saba, St. Barts and Jost Van Dyke - then back to San Juan.

I won't shoot the messenger -- instead I will thank you immensely. No, Sea Dream management did not bother calling me or anyone else in my party to advise of the change. Apparently they thought it was sufficient to leave a message on my former assistant's voice mail -- even though all of our currently pending 3 reservations had my direct dial line.

I just got an e-mail yesterday about the spa package on the cross-atlantic crossing on April 16, but I guess the same people couldn't be bothered to figure out what we were going to do when we showed up in Antigua on April 9 to board, much less to communicate it to us even though the charter was signed last week. Pretty bad when you have to learn about this through Cruise Critic, but thank goodness you posted.

No more worries about their lack of concern regarding customers. I just cancelled the three existing reservations. We'll spend those $$$ elsewhere.

Just a thought since I was scheduled to stay on the Sea Dream II for the April 16 crossing - were they going to plan to come from Barbados back to Antigua to pick me up?

Oh well, at least we have time to make alternate plans. Sounds like a Four Seasons is calling -- maybe Seaborn or a Radission -- a Ritz Carlton . . . .

FT

Archived