Crown and anchor question re referring a friend

can anyone help me understand please. I have only done one RCI cruise but am a C& A member, my family have never cruised with RCI before, we have all booked a cruise together and so I thought I would qualify for C& A offer of 25$ per cabin for each friend or family member who travels on same date, same cruise as me.

We have booked 5 cabins, I have tried to claim as it would give me 100$ OBC

However I have just been told I don't qualify because booked through TA.....any ideas anyone?

If your travel agent has put your bookings into a group booking, you are not eligible for the refer-a-friend OBC. Nothing you can do about it other than get everyone out of the group, and that may cost much more than $100 OBC.

The first time we cruised RCI our friends got the referral OBC. We all booked through the same travel agent. The TA made sure that they got the bonus.

I recommend that you contact your TA and have your friend's reservation number handy.

can anyone help me understand please. I have only done one RCI cruise but am a C& A member, my family have never cruised with RCI before, we have all booked a cruise together and so I thought I would qualify for C& A offer of 25$ per cabin for each friend or family member who travels on same date, same cruise as me.

We have booked 5 cabins, I have tried to claim as it would give me 100$ OBC

However I have just been told I don't qualify because booked through TA.....any ideas anyone?

Apparently you have to ask for the bonus BEFORE your friends/family book. Then when they book you get the bonus. Otherwise, if they have already booked, you are no longer making a new referral.

It pays to read the rules before proceeding.

The first time we cruised RCI our friends got the referral OBC. We all booked through the same travel agent. The TA made sure that they got the bonus.

I recommend that you contact your TA and have your friend's reservation number handy.

As Bob wrote, if the TA has them in a group, they cannot claim the referral fee. I am assuming that your TA did not put you in a group booking. (you would not even necessarily be aware if an agent does this)

Apparently you have to ask for the bonus BEFORE your friends/family book. Then when they book you get the bonus. Otherwise, if they have already booked, you are no longer making a new referral.

It pays to read the rules before proceeding.

The rules must have changed since we got the bonus, because we had to enter the booking number of the friends to register for the bonus.

The rules must have changed since we got the bonus, because we had to enter the booking number of the friends to register for the bonus.

Yes, but you have to notify the carrier before you book. You don't get the bonus on your say so, you get the bonus by advising the cruise line before you do anything, and then follow up with the proof.

I almost made the same mistake. My TA called the cruise line and then called me and said they cannot book my friend until I submit the request. Then they booked my friend.

Yes, but you have to notify the carrier before you book. You don't get the bonus on your say so, you get the bonus by advising the cruise line before you do anything, and then follow up with the proof.

I almost made the same mistake. My TA called the cruise line and then called me and said they cannot book my friend until I submit the request. Then they booked my friend.

This is different than what we did. I just used the form linked here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

This is also how we've done it in the past. Several times didn't even register it until weeks after booking but still received.

We are booked for Alaska next year & have 25 cabin, 16 never on RCI but I created a group thru a TA for the added OBC everyone would get & was told since in a group none of the cabins qualify for the Refer a Friend bonus.

Was hoping to do the max for myself and let others who sailed before divvy up the rest of the cabins but no can do [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, you know what, mine was on Princess, not Royal Caribbean. :o This is supposed to be an embarrassed smiley, in case you cannot tell. That said, my friend and his wife got $25 each and I got $50 ($25 each).

This is also how we've done it in the past. Several times didn't even register it until weeks after booking but still received.

We are booked for Alaska next year & have 25 cabin, 16 never on RCI but I created a group thru a TA for the added OBC everyone would get & was told since in a group none of the cabins qualify for the Refer a Friend bonus.

Was hoping to do the max for myself and let others who sailed before divvy up the rest of the cabins but no can do [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it does say ...

Your friend or family member must be a first-time cruiser with Royal Caribbean International.

The first-time guest must be sailing on the same ship and sail date as you, the member.

You may refer up to a maximum of 5 staterooms for any length of cruise. It's that simple!

Referrals must be submitted at least 7 days prior to cruise.

To view full terms and conditions click here.