Live from Meraviglia

Beamafar

Hi Bea

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I didnt see your post prior to travel, as we decided to have a pre & post cruise holiday, we got back yeterday afternoon.

We had a amazing cruise in 18012. They seemed to have ironed out most of the issues, as on the whole we had no problems.

Really looking forward to our next yacht club experience on the seaview next year.

Thanks for doing the live review as it definately helped us to know what to expect.

Kind regards

Ashling

Hi Ashling. Great to hear you enjoyed the cruise. We loved being in 18012 - so handy for the restaurant!

I'd love to do YC on Seaview but we have a 28 night repo booked in YC next year so it's doubtful we'll get to try her in her first season. Hope you have as a good a cruise on her as you did on Meraviglia.

Thank you very much Bea for all your detailled information!

We will board (with two teenage girls) next Sunday in Genova.

First time MSC, first time YC. Sooo excited!

And very happy now seeing all the options and the great food menues!

Still my question - sorry, I didn't find the answer: How much ist the entertainment package with bowling, climbing, simulator and where can I buy it? Would be great if you could give advice!

Sorry I can't answer your question, Yra. I'm sure the info will be in the first or second Daily Program on the thread that Rossco kindly gave the link to on the other 'Live from MSC Meraviglia' thread. I never read them so haven't a clue what's contained in them, TBH. :o

Sorry I can't answer your question, Yra. I'm sure the info will be in the first or second Daily Program on the thread that Rossco kindly gave the link to on the other 'Live from MSC Meraviglia' thread. I never read them so haven't a clue what's contained in them, TBH. :o

Found it! Thanks a lot!

254886842_FunPass.jpg.72a3aa9916e3a30f6c6feffa8ba54293.jpg

Just going thru' the photos on my phone and thought I'd share a couple more that I don't think I've posted before.

My favourite glass to have Limoncello served in. I have a couple which have been gifted to me on a couple of cruises:

a91a11c25da29b6af9f4352217370e1a.jpg

Fish n' Chips (and a pint of Guinness!) In the Brass Anchor:

7485b83c1a7116d9d7a7bfa05ffdfb3d.jpg

A small portion (but only €4) and not as nice as the fishn'chips we've had in MDRs at lunch on other cruises.

Price list for chocolates in Jean-Philippe store:

3ed813dd5a2640c8a79fdd7a0785619e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

I made a discovery last night that triggered a memory of something I had forgotten about.

In post #183 I wrote about our excursion to Pompeii and mentioned that we visited a shop for a Limoncello tasting. What I neglected to say was that we also had a sample of a Crema al Melone that they made. It was really nice so I decided to buy a bottle as it was unusual and we can get Limoncello at home whereas I reckoned we wouldn't be able to get this. So, we went over to the display shelves to pick what size bottle to purchase.

Some of the bottles were shaped like a man's genitals! The sales assistant explained that the Crema al Melone is an aphrodisiac! I passed on that particular shaped bottle and chose a regular shaped 1 litre bottle.

Last night I decided to have a glass (or 2) - OMG!!!!!! SHE WASN'T LYING!!!!!!

........................ and that's all I'm going to say on the subject! clear.png?emoji-eek-1725 :D :D

203be2e1546fc4c161246b49019ecc89.jpg

It appears that those onboard Meraviglia at the moment were lucky to have visited Naples and Messina on Monday and Tuesday last, as wildfires in the region are causing problems:

Smoke is rising from wild fires burning on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius volcano in Naples, Italy, Wednesday, July 12, 2017. Firefighters are battling wildfires throughout southern Italy, including along the slopes of the volcano Mount Vesuvius near Naples.

Hundreds of tourists at a beach resort in Sicily have been evacuated by boat due to wildfires that are blazing across a huge area of southern Italy, according to reports.

Additional military troops were being called in to help control the blazes, which civil protection officials and prosecutors said were likely to have been set intentionally.

A news agency quoted tourists at the Calampiso resort in San Vito Lo Capo, near Trapani, as saying they were being housed in a school because they cannot return to their rooms.

Other wildfires were encroaching on the Amalfi coast, on Mt Vesuvius and elsewhere.

I made a discovery last night that triggered a memory of something I had forgotten about.

In post #183 I wrote about our excursion to Pompeii and mentioned that we visited a shop for a Limoncello tasting. What I neglected to say was that we also had a sample of a Crema al Melone that they made. It was really nice so I decided to buy a bottle as it was unusual and we can get Limoncello at home whereas I reckoned we wouldn't be able to get this. So, we went over to the display shelves to pick what size bottle to purchase.

Some of the bottles were shaped like a man's genitals! The sales assistant explained that the Crema al Melone is an aphrodisiac! I passed on that particular shaped bottle and chose a regular shaped 1 litre bottle.

Last night I decided to have a glass (or 2) - OMG!!!!!! SHE WASN'T LYING!!!!!!

........................ and that's all I'm going to say on the subject! clear.png?emoji-eek-1725 :D :D

203be2e1546fc4c161246b49019ecc89.jpg

Oh! Bea! Ooh! Matron!!!!

It appears that those onboard Meraviglia at the moment were lucky to have visited Naples and Messina on Monday and Tuesday last, as wildfires in the region are causing problems:

Smoke is rising from wild fires burning on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius volcano in Naples, Italy, Wednesday, July 12, 2017. Firefighters are battling wildfires throughout southern Italy, including along the slopes of the volcano Mount Vesuvius near Naples.

Hundreds of tourists at a beach resort in Sicily have been evacuated by boat due to wildfires that are blazing across a huge area of southern Italy, according to reports.

Additional military troops were being called in to help control the blazes, which civil protection officials and prosecutors said were likely to have been set intentionally.

A news agency quoted tourists at the Calampiso resort in San Vito Lo Capo, near Trapani, as saying they were being housed in a school because they cannot return to their rooms.

Other wildfires were encroaching on the Amalfi coast, on Mt Vesuvius and elsewhere.

We actually watched a pair of sea planes collecting water in Messina harbour and dumping it on the fires from onboard. No further than 2 miles from the port. It was certainly something to see! I hope no one was injured...../ seriously hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually watched a pair of sea planes collecting water in Messina harbour and dumping it on the fires from onboard. No further than 2 miles from the port. It was certainly something to see! I hope no one was injured...../ seriously hurt.

Shocking to think it may have been started deliberately! I, too, hope no-one's been injured - or worse!

Are you planning on doing a review, Leigh? I'd love to read your views on your experience onboard. It seems the food was less than stellar. How did you find the cruise, otherwise?

Shocking to think it may have been started deliberately! I, too, hope no-one's been injured - or worse!

Are you planning on doing a review, Leigh? I'd love to read your views on your experience onboard. It seems the food was less than stellar. How did you find the cruise, otherwise?

Perhaps - we had a few issues and will have a think of the whole experience once we're back home.

We've added a few of our thoughts on KiKi's review though in the meantime!

Perhaps - we had a few issues and will have a think of the whole experience once we're back home.

We've added a few of our thoughts on KiKi's review though in the meantime!

I saw that .............. I've been following.

The only thing I can say is that Meraviglia is not a typical MSC cruise. It's a totally different beast to any of the other class ships. Personally, I think it's a dog's dinner!! I would never consider sailing on her again unless it's in the Yacht Club - which we loved and are eternally grateful that we booked it and not the Fantastica balcony which we normally would. I would have been very disappointed about the flexi dining not working out. Also, the lack of a choice of entertainment in the lounges was an eye-opener - this is one area that is usually fantastic on MSC and we missed this so much that we spent more time in the Yacht Club area than we normally would.

I hope that your cruise on Seaview is a more positive experience. At least Seaside will have been in service for a few months beforehand so any problems experienced in the first weeks on her should be lessons learned for when Seaview sets sail.

Hi Bea,

I've got two more questions concerning the YC amenities. Maybe you can help?

1.) Do we have to bring conditioner or is it supplied in the cabin bathroom?

2.) Do you know, if YC guest are allowed to stay onboard longer on the last day? Not in the cabin, but just to have lunch onoard before we go from Genova to Milano to take a very late flight.

I would very much appreciate you answer!

Conditioner was supplied as was shampoo, body wash and body lotion.

512457f69a68523c768657c2a8e33a6e.jpg

de23cdaf7696f5c5af3738065e9d98cf.jpg

These were replenished during the week (unlike when we were in Aurea before and they only supplied one lot, the meanies!). I brought them home as we didn't use the extra 'cos we'd brought our own stuff.

We got to stay on-board and have lunch on the last day. In fact, we ended up staying on 'til 3.30pm!

We didn't have to leave our bags out the night before. We had asked the concierge the day before if we could stay on and he told us to just put our bags beside the desk in the morning and collect them when we were ready to leave. He also checked with the m'D if it was ok for us to have lunch to which he said Yes. Treat the crew nicely - it pays off.

When we were ready to go, the concierge arranged for a porter to bring our luggage down and accompany us to the exit.

So happy to hear that!!!

Thanks a lot!

You're very welcome! :)

If you have half as good a time as we did in YC, you'll enjoy it!

PS: We also got to stay in our cabin 'til 9.30 am due to our Black Card status. We checked this with our cabin attendant, Berthine, who was wonderful! We asked to stay 'til 9am and she added the extra half-hour as she said she had other cabins she could do in the meantime.

You're very welcome! :)

If you have half as good a time as we did in YC, you'll enjoy it!

PS: We also got to stay in our cabin 'til 9.30 am due to our Black Card status. We checked this with our cabin attendant, Berthine, who was wonderful! We asked to stay 'til 9am and she added the extra half-hour as she said she had other cabins she could do in the meantime.

Honestly Bea it sounds like you stayed on a totally different ship to us!!!!

Honestly Bea it sounds like you stayed on a totally different ship to us!!!!

We sail so regularly on MSC that we feel like it's home from home for us, Kikki. There were a lot of the crew that we knew from other cruises and it felt like meeting up with old friends. Plus, we met 2 wonderful couples and spent our first couple of days having great craic with them, which meant a wonderful start to our holiday.

We've also learned how to deal with and overcome the irritations and annoyances that are upsetting for those not familiar with how MSC operates. We were very badly let down when it came to the Cirque du Soleil show which we'd pre-booked. But, in fairness, the YC director did his best to make up for it.

I saw the difference between our food offerings and yours - they were miles apart!! I reckon you paid a similar price to us for your suite with the hot tub - we got far better value IMO! The extra space that you had in the cabin and the inclusion of a hot tub wouldn't be of much interest to us, anyway. We spent much less time in our cabin than we usually do - the barmen in the Top Sail Lounge were such fun, we hung out there more than we've ever done.

I was waiting 'til you've completed your review to comment on your thread, but, I'd add here: you really should consider trying the YC in the future. Also, as I've said earlier, this cruise ship is very different to the others in the MSC fleet and I wasn't impressed with it. However, I would consider another cruise onboard her - but ONLY in YC, whereas we often just sail in balcony cabins on other ships and can be just as happy. But NOT this one!!

We sail so regularly on MSC that we feel like it's home from home for us, Kikki. There were a lot of the crew that we knew from other cruises and it felt like meeting up with old friends. Plus, we met 2 wonderful couples and spent our first couple of days having great craic with them, which meant a wonderful start to our holiday.

We've also learned how to deal with and overcome the irritations and annoyances that are upsetting for those not familiar with how MSC operates. We were very badly let down when it came to the Cirque du Soleil show which we'd pre-booked. But, in fairness, the YC director did his best to make up for it.

I saw the difference between our food offerings and yours - they were miles apart!! I reckon you paid a similar price to us for your suite with the hot tub - we got far better value IMO! The extra space that you had in the cabin and the inclusion of a hot tub wouldn't be of much interest to us, anyway. We spent much less time in our cabin than we usually do - the barmen in the Top Sail Lounge were such fun, we hung out there more than we've ever done.

I was waiting 'til you've completed your review to comment on your thread, but, I'd add here: you really should consider trying the YC in the future. Also, as I've said earlier, this cruise ship is very different to the others in the MSC fleet and I wasn't impressed with it. However, I would consider another cruise onboard her - but ONLY in YC, whereas we often just sail in balcony cabins on other ships and can be just as happy. But NOT this one!!

The food definitely looked miles apart for sure!

A balcony room does me - it was a different experience to use the hot tub but it wouldn't be a deal breaker not to have one! I would give MSC another chance in YC for sure. We soon got into the swing of things but it was a very different cruise experience for sure!