Will there be choice this far out from sailing?

I've been looking for our 2018 cruise and have settled on Oct. 27th Anthem to Florida/Bahamas. I was almost going to book today but we are sailing Anthem late September and wanted to try to book on the cruise. Will there still be pretty good choice at that time for this cruise? Just looking for an unobstructed balcony, nothing fancy. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

If your reason for waiting is lowered deposit and OBC, you should just keep an eye out for promotions that offer those benefits and book when they happen. The lower deposit is good, but the OBC is only good if you don't transfer to a TA that has a group rate for the lower cost.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved towards negating the on board OBC if the price drops down the road.

In case this matters, deposits are refundable until the end of this month. As of July 1st, they will be non-refundable as well as higher.

I was also told this morning from a phone rep "to expect more changes" but she didn't elaborate.

In case this matters, deposits are refundable until the end of this month. As of July 1st, they will be non-refundable as well as higher.

I was also told this morning from a phone rep "to expect more changes" but she didn't elaborate.

Not all deposits will be non refundable. They are going to be introducing a "non-refundable" deposit rate that will come with OBC. I also think that suite deposits will become non refundable.

But there will still be fully refundable rates available, albeit not the lowest prices. Given that I travel with my mom (who is older) and my kids, I cannot do non refundable because there are too many variables that could effect my cruise.

What I think is unfortunate is that the non refundable rate will not, like the Early Saver rate on Carnival, offer you price drops up until 2 days before sailing. And ES charges a $50/pp fee when you cancel, change or downgrade your reservation, and the remaining deposit amount goes towards another booking in a specified time frame. With Royal, I have not seen any of that offered with the new non refundable rates. Just some OBC to offset the risk.