Anthem 2018 Traditional Dining Waitlist is Full?

Will the waitlist open up sometime in the future? The cruise is far from sold out (pretty open, in the current '60% off' sale).

I just booked Anthem, May 17, 2018. I am told that the traditional dining waitlist is full. I guess that could happen, but it seems like something fishy might be going on. I am used to early traditional being waitlisted, but seems odd that the waitlist itself is too big.

We wanted early traditional. I don't mind MTD if I can get a standing reservation around 5:30 or so. What are the chances of that happening? Seems like I have to monitor the Cruise Planner/Roll Call to jump in quickly...

I almost booked the previous cruise (May 3) and the waitlist was open. I guess we picked the wrong week to cruise :(

I was told when I when I talked to the groups reservation agent that they do that to guarantee that there are enough seats for the main dining rooms for that particular time. I dont know how true that is or not. I know I was already given a green light for myself and my group within a few weeks of booking.

We wanted early traditional. I don't mind MTD if I can get a standing reservation around 5:30 or so. What are the chances of that happening?

You shouldn't have any problem getting a standing reservation for 5:30 or 5:45 on Anthem. These early times are not usually in high demand.

I would keep monitoring availability of traditional dining/wait list. Call every couple of weeks to see if the waiting list has opened up.

If you don't get what you want before sailing, board the ship as early as possible and go straight to the podium outside the deck 3 dining room. The agent there will do everything possible to accommodate you.

If you have problems getting your desired dining times, there are 2 ways of handling:

a) E-mail the dining dept at RCL with your request

RCLdining@RCCL.com. I made a request on my upcoming Brilliance cruise and was advised that I should resubmit my wishes 50 days from beginning of cruise as this is the timeframe where the data is entered into their system.

b) As soon as you board, go to the MDR where there will be Maitre D's handling any changes and special requests.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

a) E-mail the dining dept at RCL with your request

RCLdining@RCCL.com. I made a request on my upcoming Brilliance cruise and was advised that I should resubmit my wishes 50 days from beginning of cruise as this is the timeframe where the data is entered into their system.

Make it even less - like about 2-3 weeks out.