Adventurous/zip lining excursions

Ironclay04

My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Breeze in August to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan. We really want to do some more adventurous excursions including a zip lining excursion at one of the ports. Which port has the best zip line and what are some of the other more active and exciting excursions? Should we book with Carnival or are there other vendors that are recommended?

Do the zip line is Roatan. If you're on a Carnival ship, there's a zip line right across from the port. But better zip lines--South Shore Canopy and Pirates of the Caribbean are toward the West Bay beaches. Taxis can take you there. Lots of threads on the Roatan board on zip lining.

Zip lining is Cozumel is basically between tall poles. The island is relatively flat. And "adventure" might be an ATV excursion that goes to the east side and then north of the Transversal Road. Also consider the Bar Hop Bus, which hits a number of East side beach bars. Swimming is limited on the east side (wild side) but vista is great.

Snorkeling off shore is good too.

For

Belize, you can zip line and cavetube together. But I recommend just taking a longer cave tubing excursion. There are a number of private vendors. Butts UP, cavetubing.bz, cave-tubes r us are some of the better vendors here.

• 2 weeks later...
Do the zip line is Roatan. If you're on a Carnival ship, there's a zip line right across from the port. But better zip lines--South Shore Canopy and Pirates of the Caribbean are toward the West Bay beaches. Taxis can take you there. Lots of threads on the Roatan board on zip lining.

Zip lining is Cozumel is basically between tall poles. The island is relatively flat. And "adventure" might be an ATV excursion that goes to the east side and then north of the Transversal Road. Also consider the Bar Hop Bus, which hits a number of East side beach bars. Swimming is limited on the east side (wild side) but vista is great.

Snorkeling off shore is good too.

For

Belize, you can zip line and cavetube together. But I recommend just taking a longer cave tubing excursion. There are a number of private vendors. Butts UP, cavetubing.bz, cave-tubes r us are some of the better vendors here.

South Shore zip line is amazing in Roatan! Skip zip line in Cozumel. It's flat.

• 3 weeks later...

I pretty much second the first reply to your post. My husband and I zip lined in Roatan and it was amazing! One of the best excursions we have ever been on. The views are stunning and the staff at South Shore Canopy Line were fantastic. South Shore picked us up right outside the terminal so for us no taxi was needed (We were on Royal Caribbean so I am not sure if that makes a difference). We also added on the beach break to our zip lining which was great. They dropped us off at a resort with free lounge chairs and asked us when would we liked to be picked up. The resort had a nice bar and grill and the water was crystal clear. The beach was not crowded. However, later in the afternoon one of the cruise ships brought in like 60 to 70 guest. Thankfully, at this point we had been there for several hours and the driver was on his way back to pick us up. So go early if you can.

In Cozumel we went on the Cozumel Bar Hop and it was so much fun. All the bars are located on the East side and all have amazing views of the water. We had a great time meeting other couples and trying out all their signature drinks.

In Belize we did the Lamanai Mayan Ruins. They site was huge and it was simply amazing to visit in person. This excursion is pretty far from the port so this one we actually purchased through Royal Caribbean just in case something were to happen that far from the port. We took a boat ride to and from the ruin sites and got to see some amazing countryside. I highly recommend you look into a visit as it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.