Last minute deals? Going, going, gone?

Has anyone scored an amazing last minute deal? I know Royal Caribbean has apparently phased these out, but saw the going, going, gone sale and it is kind of the same thing right? How often are these? How far out did you book if you got one? I'm looking for September or October if that helps.

Randomly got a good deal last Monday for July 9th on Oasis (so just under one month out) but I'm not sure what caused it. I was just checking prices frequently for a last minute cruise since we live an hour from Port Canaveral and after having checked 1-2 hours earlier, an interior guarantee suddenly had a base price of $599pp. An hour later the prices were back to what I had been seeing for the past month or so.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked and hit the courtesy hold button as soon as I saw it. It had dropped close to $300 from earlier that day. We had actually gotten off Oasis the day before so we needed some time to decide if we really wanted to jump back on. I was also a little concerned about not being able to pick an interior room. If it was a guaranteed balcony, I wouldn't have cared, but even though we've done interior before and have zero problem with it, I didn't really want to wind up stuck in the bowels of the ship. In the end, we couldn't pass up the price and the guarantee fairy smiled upon us and gave us a large interior on deck 10.

Has anyone scored an amazing last minute deal? I know Royal Caribbean has apparently phased these out, but saw the going, going, gone sale and it is kind of the same thing right? How often are these? How far out did you book if you got one? I'm looking for September or October if that helps.

They usually issue a new GGG flyer every Thursday afternoon.