Balcony cabins on Coral

Astromaid

The website says that some of the balconies are bigger than others on the Coral. Without paying for a mini-suite, I would like to find the biggest balcony I can. I have read that some of the cabins on the Caribe deck are larger, just looking at the deck plans it looks like C311 through C317. Are there any others that you know of? I read that there were also larger balconies on the Dolphin and Emerald decks, but could not see any difference on the deck plans. Also, if I do book a larger balcony, does it come with more than the chairs and table (like maybe a footstool)?

The website says that some of the balconies are bigger than others on the Coral. Without paying for a mini-suite, I would like to find the biggest balcony I can. I have read that some of the cabins on the Caribe deck are larger, just looking at the deck plans it looks like C311 through C317. Are there any others that you know of? I read that there were also larger balconies on the Dolphin and Emerald decks, but could not see any difference on the deck plans. Also, if I do book a larger balcony, does it come with more than the chairs and table (like maybe a footstool)?

There are definitely differences in the sizes of the balconies on the Coral ... I think they are all on the Emerald and Caribe decks for the regular balcony rooms. I think the balconies are actually larger than they are on the mini-suites. I have stayed in C317 on the Coral before and it was an excellent room choice. C311 is ok but somewhat blocked by C309 .. but that could work out in your favor in a very windy itinerary. I would hesitate to book C317 or C315 or the equivalent ones on the port side.

No footstools and no extra chairs were provided on these larger balconies .... but you might be able to request a couple of extra chairs from your room steward. It is unlikely ... but maybe someone else has been successful with that request.

You can check out the ship's deck plans on this site ... it easily shows which balconies are larger. BTW ... the balcony cabins (inside) themselves are all the same size.

Forgot to add the site: https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Coral-Princess

You can hover over the little yellow stars for a glimpse at the balcony if you look at E708.

Sailed on Coral in May and we were in E703, larger balcony category BE, we only had the 2 chairs and the table - have had rooms in the past on Caribe (not Coral) that included footstools though. There's a whole aft section, behind the lifeboats that include E703 that are all bigger balconies and fully covered. BE rooms are also normally cheaper than the BB category Caribe deck rooms. Fully covered, a nice plus if you don't want to sunburn or if risk of rain (e.g., Alaska).

Added in edit: Here's a pic I took of the balcony 19051351_443298976039398_367848822027583488_n.jpg

Cruise Raider, I wanted to clarify something in your post. You said you stayed in C317 and said it was an excellent choice. But further down you said that you would hesitate before booking C317 or C315, was this a misprint? Did you mean to say you would not hesitate?

We just returned from Alaska in cabin E737. IMHO this is the best cabin on the ship. This cabin has a fully covered balcony at the far aft of ship. Your view can be everywhere except out the front of ship. From the balcony you can see side and rear and with a step out your cabin door and the back door you can be on the aft deck for views all across the back as well as both sides of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned from Alaska in cabin E737. IMHO this is the best cabin on the ship. This cabin has a fully covered balcony at the far aft of ship. Your view can be everywhere except out the front of ship. From the balcony you can see side and rear and with a step out your cabin door and the back door you can be on the aft deck for views all across the back as well as both sides of the ship.

Did you experience any second hand cigarette smoke being sucked down to balcony from PAX smoking on the aft deck? Also, and problems with soot on your balcony coming from the ship"s stacks?

The biggest balconies should be on Caribe deck, C311-C415 and C505-C623. Note that C618, C620, C627, and C633 have 50% larger balconies but those are accessible cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always book in C415.

Enjoy your cruise.

We are beginning to plan a Panama Canal itin on the Coral.

We will be getting a balcony and category doesn't matter.

I thought all Caribe balconies are only partially covered..True or ??

It makes a difference because of my sun issues. If they are partially covered, then we have to go up to Baja.

Thanks,

Patti :)

Is the balcony fully covered, and can you see around that cabin next to yours ?

DH is concerned those bump out cabins will obstruct his view.

Patti

It makes a difference because of my sun issues. If they are partially covered, then we have to go up to Baja.

Thanks,

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thanks,

BE category on Emerald deck have fully covered balconies - was in E703 and it was big balcony (same as Carib deck) but fully covered.

Is the balcony fully covered, and can you see around that cabin next to yours ?

DH is concerned those bump out cabins will obstruct his view.

Patti

Not all cabins fully covered. And some view is obstructed by bump out. For me, I don't care. YMMV.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947