Retreat on Westerdam

TrolleyGirl

These sideboards must serve some sort of purpose other than just taking up space. Perhaps the water and ice buckets and air misters are inside the doors to be stored out of the direct sunlight??? Could a bar fridge possibly be included there as well? Maybe any cruisers that have used the cabanas post refurbishment could shed some light on this obviously touchy issue?

These sideboards must serve some sort of purpose other than just taking up space. Perhaps the water and ice buckets and air misters are inside the doors to be stored out of the direct sunlight??? Could a bar fridge possibly be included there as well? Maybe any cruisers that have used the cabanas post refurbishment could shed some light on this obviously touchy issue?

I kind of doubt that there are mini fridges. That would require outlets in all the cabana locations. I realize that I joked about mini fridges in an earlier post, but I honestly have no idea what they're doing with the sideboards.

We rented the family cabana, and was really shocked on how huge it was. We really enjoyed it! We had breakfast in it most mornings and the ability to order anything from the cabana boys was a real treat. Here are a few pics of the family cabana. We rented it for the entirety of the cruise.

881c0be2f3907aa83a6e9c15a0bd36dd.jpg643caccc702e96f676c5c85bfbb741d4.jpg357652a100dd37f740875d1b35ebfd87.jpg537e7debef892a3f84f8a68287913037.jpge6add96f900fd140f3eae43665951364.jpg2716c9769dd6f439413afc668b619a43.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We rented the family cabana, and was really shocked on how huge it was. We really enjoyed it! We had breakfast in it most mornings and the ability to order anything from the cabana boys was a real treat. Here are a few pics of the family cabana. We rented it for the entirety of the cruise.

What was the sideboard used for? Inquiring minds want to know.

Not sure what sideboards are? I'm assuming you are talking about the wood structure? Here is a picture of the inside. Nothing special. There were outlets in every cabana though, you can see them in the second picture they are raised on black pillar. d54f113e8a3d46d8c113a938a4425109.jpgbbdbf651afdfa5b6e60a5b0bbf147d59.jpg

Looking at the setup, it definitely seems as though they have the option of putting mini fridges in the side boards. As of June 30th they weren't installed, however we were told they were also not done with all of the renovations.

Not sure what sideboards are? I'm assuming you are talking about the wood structure? Here is a picture of the inside. Nothing special. There were outlets in every cabana though, you can see them in the second picture they are raised on black pillar.

Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted to know. (y)

Does anyone know if HAL is going to do the same thing with the Eurodam? I am looking at a cruise on her and want to get a lido cabana (the ones along the side of the pool area). If it only fits one lounge that would be a waste of money. Still trying to figure out why the sideboard?????

Still trying to figure out why the sideboard?????

Maybe it's a stand-up table! They saw we weren't happy when they removed them so they had a meeting with people who live in one-room apartments and thought it was genius! Meeting adjourned. Let's go eat.

Does anyone know if HAL is going to do the same thing with the Eurodam? I am looking at a cruise on her and want to get a lido cabana (the ones along the side of the pool area). If it only fits one lounge that would be a waste of money. Still trying to figure out why the sideboard?????

The Lido Cabanas on Eurodam have a large oval lounge/bed, not lounge chairs (unless something has changed since our last visit). bbab80ae60723acbfedbda4ef66d700c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Lido Cabanas on Eurodam have a large oval lounge/bed, not lounge chairs (unless something has changed since our last visit). bbab80ae60723acbfedbda4ef66d700c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like this better than the ones in the retreat. At least there is a place for 2 to lounge and two to sit.

The Eurodam had a recent drydock, so I wouldn't expect to see changes in the cabana configurations. We were just on in December and it still had the "good" cabana setup.

My first post here :)

Hubby and I are on Westerdam for Panama Canal for my 40th in March 2018 for my 3rd HA cruise, his 2nd. I'm looking into and contemplating Cabanas. We have booked a Signature Suite so have a balcony which will obviously be covered. Is there a real benefit to the cabana's? Is it one glass of sparkling wine per guest per day or are they more generous? Been quoted retreat $599 and family retreat $849 for the voyage (15nts). I figured out a glass of sparkling each per day would be about $210 total for the cruise. Water and other items on the list are great but strawberries pointless as I am allergic. Trying to decide if the $400 on top of what we might pay for wine is worth doing? Do you get discount on all spa services?

We are seasoned Cunarders so are not used to the package world that is available on Holland! Seems without a whirlpool or pool in the vicinity it may not be?

Would you bother with the 'new' Cabanas on Westerdam for Panama Canal? What is the general consensus? We will be ashore on port days.

• 2 years later...

Any recent and decent pictures of the actual corner family cabanas? Can’t really tell what you can see out of them, if anything, or what’s inside, or how big they are. See plenty of the of the side ones, but not of the corner ones. Also can someone post what they paid for their cabana? Daily etc...

• 1 year later...

Any recent (2021) updates on the Westerdam retreat configuation?   I wonder if they allow one to move the loungers inside the cabana and a small table to at least rest one's drinks/snacks..  No need for a sideboard.