Deluxe beverage package questions

Ok so when you purchase a beverage package you pay $54 per day (just a guesstimate, I know it varies) do you also pay 18% gratuity when you pre-purchase? Or do you pay the 18% each time you buy a beer or cocktail? Or both??

Looking for real experiences, not what you've read. I think their verbiage is confusing and am looking for someone's personal experience.

Also I know people have said Powerade is available at Cafe Promenade and one other bar on LOS. Would that be included in the deluxe beverage package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Daily rate, plus 18% gratuity all paid at the time of purchase of the package. You can tip extra per drink if you wish as well. In fact, some bartenders will print a ticket for you to sign in the hope that you will fill in the blank tip line. I always tell them no thank you and do not tip on the ticket nor do I even sign the tickets any longer. When I do tip extra per drink it is w/ cash.

It was at the vitality cafe for sure, not sure if she found it anywhere else or not.

I was thinking I'd never seen it provided at bars (could have missed it), but had forgotten about Vitality Cafe.

Daily rate, plus 18% gratuity all paid at the time of purchase of the package. You can tip extra per drink if you wish as well. In fact, some bartenders will print a ticket for you to sign in the hope that you will fill in the blank tip line. I always tell them no thank you and do not tip on the ticket nor do I even sign the tickets any longer. When I do tip extra per drink it is w/ cash.

We were on Freedom 4-11 June and had the Deluxe drinks package.

Any drinks over $12 we were given a receipt to sign and this also included the gratuity and tax on the extra,eg Sauvignon Blanc $16 so we had to pay $4 plus gratuity and tax so it came to $5.12 extra per glass.

We were never given a receipt to sign if the drinks were under $12.

You pay the 18% at time of purchase. Then Drink away!

The max allowed is different on each ship. Most ships seem to have a $13 limit but then the vast majority of drinks are within that amount. Last ship I was on the limit was $15

You pay the 18% at time of purchase. Then Drink away!

The max allowed is different on each ship. Most ships seem to have a $13 limit but then the vast majority of drinks are within that amount. Last ship I was on the limit was $15

Wow which ship was that?

We just got off Freedom and it was $12 max on deluxe package.

Wow which ship was that?

We just got off Freedom and it was $12 max on deluxe package.

Currently on NOS where the package costs $65 per day for drinks up to $14. That is because the gratuity is pre-added to the bar tariff when sailing out of the UK. We Brits like to see the full costs up front. :p

Grapau27. I sailed Harmony November 2016. One of the first US sailings. It seems each ship sets the package max at the exact price of the most common drinks

Grapau27. I sailed Harmony November 2016. One of the first US sailings. It seems each ship sets the package max at the exact price of the most common drinks

Thanks for the info i thought it would have been the same for all the ships.

Many Thanks.

Graham

Makes sense if they want to incent people to buy the packages.

Makes sense if they want to incent people to buy the packages.

Ours was a free deluxe package offered in the UK last October.I wonder if thats why it was only $12 max per drink?.

We drink very little and have a few drinks in the DL usually so never bothered with Drinks package before.

On the Freedom 4-11 June we only went into DL 3 times because of the free package.

Ours was a free deluxe package offered in the UK last October.I wonder if thats why it was only $12 max per drink?.

We drink very little and have a few drinks in the DL usually so never bothered with Drinks package before.

On the Freedom 4-11 June we only went into DL 3 times because of the free package.

Curious if drink prices were listed with the gratuities included or not included?

Curious if drink prices were listed with the gratuities included or not included?

On the RC confirmation invoice it showed as £348 each then credit £348 each.

We had to pay gratuitys and tax on the amount over$12 per drink,eg Prosecco $14 was $2 plus tax and gratuitys $2.56 extra per glass.

We had to pay gratuitys and tax on the amount over$12 per drink,eg Prosecco $14 was $2 plus tax and gratuitys $2.56 extra per glass.

Sorry, I was not clear in my question. I was asking if the drink menus on board listed the prices with or without gratuity.

Drinks package £348 for both of us was free.

Without gratuitys or tax.

OK, then it makes sense that the package drink limit was $12. If you sail from Southampton, the drink menu prices include gratuity, and the package limit is usually $14.