Breakaway 8/20 thinking of upgrade to Haven

Wicked05

Hey all! I'm looking for some insight please! My and my boyfriend are leave 8/20 to Bermuda from NYC and right now have a balcony but thinking of upgrading to the haven. We bought 4 nights of the food package but I'm reading that the Haven restaurant is amazing too. Can anyone help with the perks of using Haven? Also anyone recently been on the breakaway to kinda give us an idea of what they got going on? I'm hoping they do the UFC card that weekend cause it's the mcgregor vs maywhether (spelling sorry lol) fight! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off the BA with the Haven experience. I say do it, but that is my opinion. I did a live review here on CC. Check it out and see what you think. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just read your thread! Looked amazing and completely worth it. If we do it I'm guessing downgrade our meal package to 3 not 4 nights? Also what is the vibe pass?

Just read your thread! Looked amazing and completely worth it. If we do it I'm guessing downgrade our meal package to 3 not 4 nights? Also what is the vibe pass?

Yes. You can eat in the Haven which has the best food on the ship. Vibe passes not needed.

This may sound dumb but I'm a haven newbie does the Haven have its own pool area?

Yes. Smaller but not crowded and has 2 hot tubs.

Haven:

63f9eb0737a3e6b232484df17d8b472a.jpge6750dc50ab6670bb04180814b77d4b5.jpg

Not Haven:

b9b436478856c48b255c1877b5683165.jpg

A Vibe pass costs $99.00 for the week and allows you access to a private adult only bar deck area with 2 covered hot tubs (on BA).

Upgrade if u can. We did 3/16 and never regretted it. Only real perk was the Haven restaurant, a quiet area, preferential seating at shows, direct elevator and an overall relaxing fun cruise. The sparkling wine and bowls of m&ms were fun too. Met some amazing people to boot. Decided then and there we don't do a mega ship without the Haven.

If you can afford it I would go Haven. Just to tell you the Haven pool area and sun deck are quite. If you like bring in all the noise and the crowded deck by pool then don't go it. The Haven pool isn't big but you can cool off. The sun deck, no problem getting padded lounger. And if it rains they close top and you can still swim or cool off in pool. The Haven restaurant is fantastic. The food is the best on the ship. Only thing is the menu doesn't change. You do get to get on and off ship first. You get goodies delivered to your room every day around 4pm by your butler. You can have breakfast in you room served by your butler. Just ask him or her and they will bring you anything you want, even from specialty restaurants if you have the UDP. But remember once you go Haven you will never go back to regular rooms again. They spoil you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upgrade if u can. We did 3/16 and never regretted it. Only real perk was the Haven restaurant, a quiet area, preferential seating at shows, direct elevator and an overall relaxing fun cruise. The sparkling wine and bowls of m&ms were fun too. Met some amazing people to boot. Decided then and there we don't do a mega ship without the Haven.

Ditto to that! I did enjoy the private pools, bar and deck area too.

If the price is right, go for the Haven! We checked prices religiously and were able to upgrade from our spa mini to Haven for a pretty good deal on our May Breakaway cruise. Only regret is not having spa access (we upgraded to Haven spa and then Courtyard Penthouse when price dropped even more, to be IN the Haven). We spent a lot of time relaxing with drinks in the courtyard area as opposed to fighting for a lounger by the pool ;)

I'd have a goofy smile too. Can you bring a small speaker if you don't play it loud?

Not sure about that, but you can always bring headphones and your phone/iPod (just not in the water unless its waterproof lol)

Not sure about that, but you can always bring headphones and your phone/iPod (just not in the water unless its waterproof lol)

I got some aqua headphones online before my Epic cruise in March. Loved.

I'd have a goofy smile too. Can you bring a small speaker if you don't play it loud?

Please do not do that.

Even some people with headphones play it loud enough so others are FORCED to listen.

As you monitor prices, if you use NCL's website don't forget to also check "Spa" cabins. The Haven Spa cabins generally are the least expensive Haven "suites." Currently $2,549 pp for your sailing. All the perks of the Haven, except being located in the Haven area proper. The thermal spa is wonderful and you get free access. Also, the spa tub in the room is a hoot!

• 3 months later...

Quick question regarding the Haven courtyard and sun deck. I see there is a retractable roof. I love the sun and was wondering if you get full sun when laying by the pool or on the sun deck when the roof is closed. Also,is it warm or lots of air conditioning?

I am currently booked for the Getaway, but was considering booking on the Escape or Breakaway next time and would love your thoughts.

Thanks for helping out a newbie:)

Quick question regarding the Haven courtyard and sun deck. I see there is a retractable roof. I love the sun and was wondering if you get full sun when laying by the pool or on the sun deck when the roof is closed. Also,is it warm or lots of air conditioning?

I am currently booked for the Getaway, but was considering booking on the Escape or Breakaway next time and would love your thoughts.

Getaway Haven doesn't have a roof.

Escape and Breakaway Haven have a retractable roof.

All 3 ships have an outside sun deck just for Haven guests as well as loungers inside of the courtyard.