Questions about pre-cruise dining reservations

dawntrip

Hello,

My husband and I have the specialty dining package, and so does the other couple we are traveling with. They are in a separate cabin and our reservations are not linked. We are Platinum and they are not, so we have the two extra meals. We are cruising 9/30 on the Escape, so reservations are not open yet.

1) When making pre-cruise dining reservations, could I make them for all four of us, even though we are not in same cabin?

2) When you make the pre-cruise reservations, do you have to decide how you will pay? (SDP, platinum voucher, or a la carte?)

3) Do you have to pay up front if booking a meal not covered by SDP or platinum voucher?

Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Yes, you can make the reservations for any number (subject to what the system is showing as available to you) regardless of how many are in your room.

2. You tell the staff how you will be paying when you arrive for the meal. However, the system assumes that the first ones you book will be covered by the SDP (just for the purposes of deciding whether to charge you for them when booking). That leads to...

3. Make sure you book Teppenyaki and Moderno first so the system will assume you are paying with the SDP, and not charge you. Any that are a la carte don't require a prepayment at all so do them last. If you are going to any that have an uncharge (like the dinner show or Bayamo) then do them early as well, so you are only charged the uncharge rather than the full amount.

The guide linked in my signature gives more details.

1. Yes, you can make the reservations for any number (subject to what the system is showing as available to you) regardless of how many are in your room.

2. You tell the staff how you will be paying when you arrive for the meal. However, the system assumes that the first ones you book will be covered by the SDP (just for the purposes of deciding whether to charge you for them when booking). That leads to...

3. Make sure you book Teppenyaki and Moderno first so the system will assume you are paying with the SDP, and not charge you. Any that are a la carte don't require a prepayment at all so do them last. If you are going to any that have an uncharge (like the dinner show or Bayamo) then do them early as well, so you are only charged the uncharge rather than the full amount.

The guide linked in my signature gives more details.

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk