RC Ghost and Legends Tour

shirleygr

Hey, just wondering if anyone has done this tour yet. I've done ghost tours before and they can be fun and campy, or they can be really lame. It would be nice to get some feedback before we decide to book it. Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
We Want To Know About This Too....anyone Done The Legends And Ghost Tour?????

I found one person on the RC board who did this and he said it wasn't very good. However, my dh is the intrepid adventurer (and doesn't want to do formal night this time ;)) so we are going to do it and see for ourselves. We are on the Majesty of the Seas Jan 2 sailing so I will be sure to post a review when I return. When is your cruise?

We don't sail till July 3. You go very soon and so you can give us an update on the Majesty.

I know it was one of the older RCI ships,but it always gets good reviews and my TA liked it. She took her whole family for Christmas one year on the Majesty.

We sailed on the Disney Magic in October and had a blast. I know I can not compare this trip to Disney. It is a different type of experience. I am not hard to please. Plus I can not afford Disney's prices in the Summer!! OUCH!

Looking forward to RCI's Private Island. Let me know how it is!

have a great cruise.

Michelle

This will be my third time on the Majesty. I think she is a fine old girl. She may not have all the bells and whistles of the newer ships, but service is excellent and the food is always good. The staterooms are on the small side, but they are well designed with ample storage. We are splurging on a junior suite this time, just so we can get to platinum crown and anchor.

We loved CocoCay when we were there last January. There is just something so decadent about lying on the beach with a cocoloco knowing it is snowing and cold back home. :D I've also been there in the summer--took my boys on the Majesty in August a couple of years ago and the water was wonderful with good snorkeling right off shore.

I hear you about Disney. I've looked a few times, but it's just hard to justify spending that much when I can book a junior suite for so much less. I've got 4 kids (17, 13, 5 and 3) and the boys (older two) are too big for Disney and my girls are not huge Disneyfiles. I'm sure they would love to go, but they are happy with any cruise we take them on. They just love the kids program.

Wow, didn't mean to write a book. Look for my posts after we get back.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we are back from our cruise on Majesty of the Seas. We did do this excursion in Nassau and it was really, really lame. It was so bad, we complained at the explorations desk and they fully refunded our money. The person we talked to also said they have recieved many complaints. He said the company (who also does the tour in KW) is trying to improve this one. Long story short, don't bother.

I told my friend who is going along and she decided against it. I think we are going to do a trip to the Pirate Museum in the morning and then get back on the ship for the rest of the day.

Well how was the ship?? Did you have a good time? How was the food and service??? Did you go to Key West too??

We don't go till July. Any tips you can give on the Majesty??

Thanks...

Hope you had a great time.

We did have a good cruise, although it wasn't stellar. I posted a full review on the RC board, but to recap: the Majesty is showing her age, especially in the staterooms, but that really didn't detract from our enjoyment. Food was good and service ranged from good to excellent. We decided to go on Majesty again April '07 with three of our kids who will be 15, (almost) 7, and 5 yo. It was a nice itinerary and I think a good one for the kids. We really loved CocoCay and Key West. Nassau was just okay, but we've been there so many times, it might just be us.

I think you'll like the pirate museum. I went there a few years ago with my two boys who were 15 and 11 yo at the time and we had fun. I think their favorite part was the gift shop, though. :rolleyes: It's really nice to just be on the ship when most everyone else is in port. Talk about easy to find a deck chair! One of the reasons we decided to do this cruise again with the kids.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Archived