Amsterdam cruise terminal to Schipol airport...best way to do this?

Rala

Depending on how many of you there are, you may wish to just consider using the cruise line's transfer option. I was traveling solo and made that choice. I could have saved a lot of money by walking to the train station, but I wanted convenience and ease. The price of the transfer was more than a taxi probably, but also easier, in my opinion. If you have multiple people, then the cost to take a taxi is more reasonable. I didn't even arrange the transfer until I was on the ship.

Thank you Bob and Me Heart for the speedy response. I checked the port of call board and I think I am leaning towards ship transfer even though it is probably a little more than a cab. Anybody know about something called Airport Taxi Transfers? They operate in Amsterdam and other European cities and their price is 35 Euro for two people. TIA :)

Schiphol airport is not very close to central Amsterdam, taxis are expensive and can take a long time if there is traffic. The train runs from underneath the airport but if you don't want to drag your luggage off and on the train, the transfer is probably the easiest.

HI: I was just on the Vision disembarking June 15th. I took Royal's bus transfer to Schiphol, Can.$ 45.00 .I was off at 7:45. Allow 30-45 minutes due to traffic. Security at Schiphol is unbelievable' allow extra time to get through security. Those taking Royal's transfer will NOT pick up their luggage once off the ship, it will be taken to the airport and you claim it right where you get off the bus. Very convenient,and yes, we all worried about not finding it ever again! Safe travels, enjoy the Vision! Marilyn

We have used Airport Taxis and Transfers in Amsterdam, Barcelona and a few other places. They are very good, very reliable. We will be using them again this September in Barcelona to go from the port to the airport. You might want to post on your roll call to see if any others would like to join your and form your own small group to save some money.

HI: I was just on the Vision disembarking June 15th. I took Royal's bus transfer to Schiphol, Can.$ 45.00 .I was off at 7:45. Allow 30-45 minutes due to traffic. Security at Schiphol is unbelievable' allow extra time to get through security. Those taking Royal's transfer will NOT pick up their luggage once off the ship, it will be taken to the airport and you claim it right where you get off the bus. Very convenient,and yes, we all worried about not finding it ever again! Safe travels, enjoy the Vision! Marilyn

I never worry quite as much about finding luggage after a cruise than before! Glad to hear the security at the airport is tight - we will be there next April.

Amsterdam Centraal Station is a 10/15 minutes walk from the cruise terminal.

Or takew tramnr 26 direction Centraal Station for a short ride.

From CS frequent trains to Schiphol airport.

Single tickets E. 4.20 2nd class, E. 7.10 1st class, traveltime 2 minutes.

Cabs will cost around E. 60,- or more depending traffic.

However you can prebook at a fix rate on this website: https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

Traveltime will be around 30/35 minutes.